• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyed :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keyed

Originally posted by thescreensavers View Post
    ^ Yes, I fully understand that. I have done about 95% paint correction to my cars paint when I just got it lol, so I know about all the basics +

Here is the pic with only NXT Tech wax nothing else, I am quite pleased actually. Yes its a different picture, I almost got it in the exact position not bad :P

Do you guys think it will look better with some Polishing or would it let more light in the scratch giving it a brighter appearance then now?
    The problem is it looks as if the paint is completely gone in the picture. Polish removes cloudy, bad, old paint from the top and reveals fresh paint underneath to do its job. In this case, it appears as if there is nothing left o polish in the majority of the scratches.

If the picture is misleading, and you can still see and feel paint, then yes, polishing will help to at least diminish the scratches. If the paint is totally gone, however, you will need to add paint either with a touch-up brush/pen, airbrush, or re-painting the panel.

Comment

Hard to tell from a picture, polishing it would roud off the edges and maybe make it harder to notice. Maybee you could even try to wet sand it if their is enough paint left but it's hard to tell from a picture and Miami is long drive from Montreal so I can't go and give you a hand, lol.

If you decide to sand it or use a harsh coumpound, use caution and better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
        The problem is it looks as if the paint is completely gone in the picture. Polish removes cloudy, bad, old paint from the top and reveals fresh paint underneath to do its job. In this case, it appears as if there is nothing left o polish in the majority of the scratches.

If the picture is misleading, and you can still see and feel paint, then yes, polishing will help to at least diminish the scratches. If the paint is totally gone, however, you will need to add paint either with a touch-up brush/pen, airbrush, or re-painting the panel.
        Its totally white, like you see int he pics. I dont think there is paint left.

If I use the touch up paint, I would need to sand it down, but I don't know if I can do that :O. Meh ill see. Maybe I got to leave it as it is, or it might look worse after polishing.

Comment

If I use the touch up paint, I would need to sand it down, but I don't know if I can do that :O. Meh ill see. Maybe I got to leave it as it is, or it might look worse after polishing.
          If you have no experience wet sanding and more importantly, REMOVING wet sanding marks... I highly, highly recommend NOT attempting that on your vehicle.

If you just want to minimize the damage and hide it (possibly just temporarily), you could always get some touch-up paint and a fine artists brush and lay down a few, thin strips of paint to at least cover it. That won't look perfect, but it will be less noticeable than the white scratches.

Comment

Sent you a pm on how to do it.

Tom

Comment

My truck was keyed very badly when I bought it(has a nice mark but whatever its a work truck tank)
              Has some more key marks on it than I want(think it was from a person who has beef with me over my horse, lovely eh?)
              Gonna get her polished up when I can. Needs some claying for sure.
              So anyway I feel your pain. Hang in there.
              02 Ford F250 Super Duty
              International T444E 7.3L Diesel
              Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
              Straight Piped
              PHP FU chip

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');