• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireman's Nozzle / Hose - Incredible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fireman's Nozzle / Hose - Incredible!

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
    i have a Blue Point (Snap-On) firemans nozzle....works awesome for me!

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog
    That nozzle is $41. I hope you got a big discount, something like 50%-75% off the list price.
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
      I was at Target last night and saw that Vroom (Target's auto-detailing brand) is now offering their own Fireman's Nozzle for $7.50. Not too much information on the package, but the nozzle looks to be made of brass and even has a built-in shutoff valve. It was in the auto-detailing section rather than the hose and gardening section.
      I considered that one too, but I was thinking of going with ADS because Rick rocks.

The shut off could be handy, but I thought the point of a fireman's nozzle was to turn it to shut off. Can someone buy the Target one and test it for us?

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
        That nozzle is $41. I hope you got a big discount, something like 50%-75% off the list price.
        i got it off the snap on truck in 07 when it was on sale....cant remember what i paid, but its lifetime warranty, if it breaks send it to snap on truck and i get a new one just like that!
        Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
        1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
        1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

I recently picked up the Craftsman version of the fire hose nozzle and it blew all previous nozzles I've had out of the water.

20 bucks. That was a good deal by me. And its rugged as the dickens.
          Last edited by Chasedog; Nov 12, 2009, 06:02 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
            Hey everyone, this is the nozzle I was talking about.

Listed at $9.99, but my store had it for around $7 or $8. Still a great deal for $10, I have been very happy with mine. Solid brass inside, better than the typical alumimium we see on most hoses these days.

Also, I looked at the ones with the big handle and couldn't see the benefit, you still have to control the spray with your free hand by twisting the front to change the waterr patterns. I try to keep my brain from having to work too much when washing my car.

That's the one I have, best nozzle i've used yet

Comment

Regardless of your choice, if you install a ball valve behind the nozzle you can adjust the water volume from full to any point in between including on and off. The beauty of this is that you can turn the pressure back down if you're crouching down by a wheel, etc. and only want a minimal flow, but want to maintain the same spray pattern. I got mine at Lowe's for c. $7.

Product Rating

0 stars
              (0 Ratings)

Write a Review

Garden hose shut offs brass

Flow control valve for faucets has a heavy-duty brass body and ball valve.

Details

SKU6005003

Weight5.28 oz - Based on weight and/or dimensions
              AvailabilityNormally Leaves our Warehouse in 1 to 3 Business Days
              WarehouseRapid Ship
              Factory

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
              BOB

Comment

That is a great point, Bob.

Having the ability to leave the nozzle at a steady stream and gauge the water by using the shut-off valve is a very nice feature.

Glad to see this thread got bumped up, I had forgotten about it.
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Also, with the shut off, you can more easily use quick-connects.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                    Also, with the shut off, you can more easily use quick-connects.
                    Exactly and it's a must for me. After I get done using the foam gun and wash, i'll disconnect and use the firehose nozzle (turned all the way to one side with the "blooming pattern") to sheet of as much water as possible before starting to dry with the waffle weave/microfiber towel and leaf blower.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');