• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireman's Nozzle / Hose - Incredible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fireman's Nozzle / Hose - Incredible!

Originally posted by 02zx9r View Post
    I have seen them at walmart. I get my oil and some megs stuff there. Normally like $5 cheaper than auto parts stores
    Smart of you. People boycotting WalMart are only "cutting off their noses to spite their face". and throwing away money.

Comment

I've worked at Wal-Mart before. They treat their employees really well. One of them even started a fundraiser to aid the newborn of a woman who worked there as it was born with no eyes....

Either way, the Wal-Mart I worked at really promoted taking good care of the customers. It's not their fault their employees don't always listen.

Comment

If you buy one of these fireman nozzles, make sure to get one with the inner steel/metal/aluminum. the cheap plastic ones will break off towards the top after a while when you drop them...

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
          Smart of you. People boycotting WalMart are only "cutting off their noses to spite their face". and throwing away money.
          I don't want to get off topic here, but a quick story: I was looking for some Castrol Super Clean degreaser last week. Found it it Auto Zone for 11.76, bought it. I then went to Wal-Mart for a couple things, and noticed that the same product was there for 7.46--over four dollars cheaper, and not on sale. Bought it, returned the original to Auto Zone. It's hard to beat Wally's prices.
          -Will-

CDO ATW

Comment

Xantonin, having had a retail management background, I found it to be true that the further your store is from the Home Office, the more those stores deviate from company policy and vision because those that work closely to the beliefs in which the company was founded and based on are not frequently visiting those stores far away to enforce what the company is all about.

Sam Walton had a vision, and with the few stores he had around Bentonville, Arkansas he was able to build an empire based on customer service and low prices.

I have visited Walmarts in Oklahoma and WOW what a difference the attitudes are versus the Walmarts here in the Northeast.

That's why opinions will vary regarding Walmart. It depends geographically where you live.

Comment

Not sure I'm buying all the hype of a fireman's nozzle. I needed a nozzle a few weeks ago (I misplaced mine) and I went to Lowe's and they had cheap plastic regular trigger nozzles for 74 cents. I bought three and just love the cheap nozzles.

As for the Wal-Mart discussion, I agree that it probably is about the individual store. The exit I'm off of has a pretty older and run down Wal-Mart. And honestly, who hasn't waited in line for about 10 mintues (with one items that you needed of course), gotten upset, put it down and stormed out of the store.

I am a Target guy myself. Plus being here in the Twin Cities (home of Target), we have some decent ones around. Plus price wise they are comparable. There was one poster that commented Wal-Mart to Auto-Zone and that isn't really a good comparison in my books. I tend to find most parts stores overcharge for things. But sometimes there are the only place that carry things.
              "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

MyFirstES300, very good point that I haven't taken into consideration. Thanks

Comment

Well, I'll throw in my two bits so I don't feel left out. Actually I think I have 4 different nozzles. I have a fire hose nozzle like this one, but I don't use it very often.

I like my Gilmour pistol grip nozzle the best. Extremely durable. We have one of these at the dealership where I work, and it takes one hell of a beating. Of all the nozzles we've used, it's held up the best. Here's some info on it from Amazon:

From the Manufacturer
                  Full-size, heavy-duty, chrome plated zinc body. Insulated molded grip for spraying or cold water. Ideal for commercial or industrial use. Brass head insert for maximum resistance to extremely hot water. Solid brass valve stem with permanent adjusting nut. Hold-open clip for continuous spraying. Rust resistant stainless steel spring. Self-adjusting for lifetime leakproof seal.

Of course, I've always been rather partial to pistol grips, so this is just my opinion. You just have to use what you like.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I picked up a fire hose nozzle from Target last fall. It is encased in rubber, like the one show in CieraSL's post. It has a switch on it that allows one to turn the water flow on and off, but it doesn't work very well, so I bought a cut-off attachment from my local hardware store. Now all is hunky-dory.
                    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

I don't know about everyone else, but I really prefer to be able to use my attachment with only one hand...

I picked up an industrial style pre-set spray pattern nozzle attachment at tractor supply, $2 On-Sale, it flows nearly as much as an open hose.... Its awesome, tough, pre-set pattern, cheap, and I can use one-handed...

Comment

Originally posted by RickyMartinZ28 View Post
                        I don't know about everyone else, but I really prefer to be able to use my attachment with only one hand...

I picked up an industrial style pre-set spray pattern nozzle attachment at tractor supply, $2 On-Sale, it flows nearly as much as an open hose.... Its awesome, tough, pre-set pattern, cheap, and I can use one-handed...
                        Got any pics? Sounds decent

Comment

I'll grab a pic of my hose/unit.

Comment

I bought 2 of the bon-aire ones (I think that's what they are, the ones with the lifetime warranty) a few years ago at the local State Fair. Never been happier with a nozzle to be honest. No leaks, easy to use and just works as advertised. They had a demo at the Fair and I had them hook up one of them I was buying - just to ensure there was no special accomodations for the demo unit as opposed to what you actually buy.

Past that I thought, WTH - might as well try them. At this point they've lasted longer then most of my nozzles. I think in the heat here they tend to go bad faster then in other places. Plus, if they truly honor the warranty you'll never have to BUY another nozzle. Just mail 'em back and forth.

Comment

i have a Blue Point (Snap-On) firemans nozzle....works awesome for me!

Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                              1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                              1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

I was at Target last night and saw that Vroom (Target's auto-detailing brand) is now offering their own Fireman's Nozzle for $7.50. Not too much information on the package, but the nozzle looks to be made of brass and even has a built-in shutoff valve. It was in the auto-detailing section rather than the hose and gardening section.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');