• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are my towels still safe to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are my towels still safe to use?

Although they look really ugly, as long as you are washing them after each use they are fine.

I cannot remove any tire dressing from my clothes and towels. But they are fine.

If you were working on a show car, I would say don't risk it, but you'll be fine
    Matt

Comment

I have found the following (in order of aggressiveness) to work extremely well at removing stains from microfiber: APC+ at 4:1, Shout, Super Degreaser at 4:1, Snappy Clean (aka DP Pad Rejuvenator). Depending on the stain Shout may or may not be better than APC+. However Shout is not free-rinsing so it can be a pain to rinse out of towels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        That's our Spam Software kicking in to protect the forum. After you reach a certain number of posts your photos will appear without needing to be moderated.
        I figured, no problem.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        Just to note, many of the microfibers in our Training Garage are stained like the ones in your pictures. We have so much going on at our facilities all the time between all the different departments besides our classes and this means microfiber polishing cloths get stained.

We wash them using a high quality detergent and dry them and put them back into use. We don't see any performance issue as long as the problem is just a color change not a physical contaminant on the fibers.

Ok it sounds like i'm good then.

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
        Although they look really ugly, as long as you are washing them after each use they are fine.

I cannot remove any tire dressing from my clothes and towels. But they are fine.

If you were working on a show car, I would say don't risk it, but you'll be fine
        Yeah, I washed them and they feel clean, they just look dirty.

Thanks again for every one's help! Now, I just need to find some time to actually wash my car instead of just talking about it.
        2003.4 BMW M3 6SPD
        2004.5 Audi A4 3.0q <=FOR SALE

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');