• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Glass cleaning -- HELP ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Auto Glass cleaning -- HELP ME

Not to sound short, but otherwise it is a matter of technique to get it right the first time.

I have found that RainX seems to get rid of any smears on the outside when removed properly (not leaving its own residue), and if you keep after the inside so no film builds up heavy, a light mist on the towel and then wipe is all you really need (can flip towel over for a dry wipe). Just being sure to wipe over all the glass and not miss a spot, and the glass cleaner wont leave its own streaks.

If there is a heavy film, you may need to clean a couple times, so that your final time is real light mist again.

I use the Nxt Glass Cleaner at the moment, and like a smaller, short nap MF towel, like the Vroom ones. Doing things like claying the outside if needed can give a better surface to work on.

And at least if you can get out of the direct sun, or hot sun to work. Dont like damp conditions either.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');