• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Class - July 26th, 2008 - Pictures & Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Class - July 26th, 2008 - Pictures & Comments

Mike, I want to thank you for a job well done. Even though I have been in the automobile body and paint industry for over 25 years I did learn quite a few things from your class. I will recommend this class to anyone that is crazy about cars. Thanks again, Hippie

Comment

Open Class - July 26th, 2008

I attended the Meguiar's detailing class today and I think that anyone that is Car Crazy or in the business of detailing, should attend. Mike Phillips is a very knowledgable and engaging instructor.

I have been into cars for what seems like forever and thought I knew quite abit about car care. What I came away with was, you don't always believe what you read on forum's and you can always get better at doing things with more knowledge. You have to experience it yourself to see what works. I also came away with what I believe will help me take better care of my and my wife's black cars. Mike definitely arms you with the expertise and experiences he has had since he has been detailing and teaching detailing classes.

I would recommend this class to everyone that wants their car(s) to look better, if not great. Thanks Mike for the great day, the products, pizza, donuts and the hands on experience. I can't wait to come to the next level class.
      Clint

Comment

Thanks for a great class on Saturday. I really appreciate the constant linking the discussions back to the website. It really is about the best resource anyone could hope for. Here's to many days of "making it shine". Thanks again.

Comment

I know I'm a bit late in replying, but I wanted to comment on the outstanding class put on two weekends ago. I drove four hours for the class and it was definitely worthwhile. Mike Phillips was an outstanding instructor and an extremely knowledgeable teacher. He breaks everything down in such great detail and deserves credit for having such great patience with everybody. I can't wait to be come back down for an advanced class.

Constructive Criticism: I do believe the class should've spent more time emphasizing the critical importance of proper washing and drying techniques, since that is where 99% of the swirls are instilled into the finish. The basics were covered, but I think it could've been reviewed in more detail. A car can be polished and waxed to show car perfection one weekend, but improper washing and drying the next weekend could turn the car back into a swirled up mess. The maintenance step is crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverado12 View Post

Constructive Criticism: I do believe the class should've spent more time emphasizing the critical importance of proper washing and drying techniques, since that is where 99% of the swirls are instilled into the finish. The basics were covered, but I think it could've been reviewed in more detail. A car can be polished and waxed to show car perfection one weekend, but improper washing and drying the next weekend could turn the car back into a swirled up mess. The maintenance step is crucial.
            Thank you for the kind words, thank you for driving so far to attend Meguiar's Saturday class and thank you for the constructive criticism.

We have so much information to cover in the class that as you saw first hand it takes from 8:30am to 3:00pm to go over it all and that's still not enough time to cover each subject to the depth that we would like to and that you pointed out that you would like to see.

We're going to update our program for 2009 and hopefully we'll be able to do a better job of covering the importance of the washing and drying process.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike,

I had a great time at the class. It was very informative, but at the same time, hands on.

Learning is an ongoing process. No matter how many articles I read, I always learn more from seeing a professional demonstrate the techniques.

Thanks for letting me try out the G110 and the new finishing pads. It's always neat to compare the old (G100) to the new (G110).

Thanks again,
              Chris
              Chris
              Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');