• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini Coopers at Meguiar's NXT Garage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Clover! I think that would be a great feature.

I was planning on putting NXT wax on the MINI today after I washed it, but as luck would have it, my neighbor came over with his 3-year-old son when they saw the MINI in the driveway. His son is absolutely crazy about the MINI, so instead of waxing we went for a ride. His carseat fits perfectly in the back seat.

It's almost impossible to wash the MINI without interuptions from neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by SqkyKln
      actually its a federal law that nothing but rain/storm water can run into the storm drain or into the street. Now its not enforced in a lot of places but more and more are starting to enforce it.
      I can understand the problem with motor oil, etc. going into the drain, but car wash is a very mild product to begin with...I hope we never have to deal with the enforcement of the law here.

How do you stop the waste water from going into the storm drain in the 1st place?!
      r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
        I can understand the problem with motor oil, etc. going into the drain, but car wash is a very mild product to begin with...I hope we never have to deal with the enforcement of the law here.

How do you stop the waste water from going into the storm drain in the 1st place?!
        I normally re-direct the run-off to flow onto my lawn by laying a garden hose (charged) across the driveway to act as a dam. Gravity takes care of the rest. What little water that does get past the hose ends up evaporating before it makes it to the storm drain.

If I keep rinsing my car with an open hose I'll have to come up with a better dam. I think if I take a bicycle inner-tube and cut it, tie off one end and then fill it with water, I could lay a couple of those in the driveway and they would redirect the flow onto my lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          This is how you prevent hurting your back...

Sitting on the ground may not be stylish, but it helps reduce fatique to your arms, back and shoulders, as well as enabling you to see better, the panel your working on.

Mike,

I think my smile was related to seeing some results, and that the DA didn't get away from me! Many thanks to you, Mike P. and the other folks at Meguiar's, as well as all the Mini-nuts, for a great day. Your generosity and spirit are appreciated by all.
          Bob
          "To be fine, the car must shine"

Comment

Hi Bob,

You are so welcome, we’re glad you enjoyed the event as we did also. If you ever have any question please feel free to post them here to the forums.

Kind regards,

Mike Phillips

p.s.

I'll be adding more pictures of the event tonight and tomorrow.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's a shot of Jenn quickly cleaning any light dust from her Mini Cooper's finish before applying NXT Tech Wax...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's a shot of Jenn applying the NXT Tech Wax using the G-100 Dual Action Polisher,
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here are the results after applying NXT Tech Wax to Jenn's Mini Cooper!

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's a beauty shot of the hood on Jenn's Mini Cooper...

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

She's out of here...

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just thought I would chime in to say, I also had a blast this past Sat. You really made teaching the class very fun…In addition, it was great to see everyone jumping in and getting busy! If there is anything I can do for you in the future, just let me know.

BTW...The avatar I chose is the truck I race, and that picture was taken at Irwindale Speedway last year...the engine was hurt pretty bad, but I walked away unhurt !!!

Thanks again for a great day!

Mike Pennington
                        Mike Pennington
                        Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                        Meguiar's, Inc.
                        800-854-8073
                        mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Very cool event and nice pictures as always, Mike. Who's this leaning on the car? Busted!

Brian
                          Always working to have the best looking car on the block. Of course, I'm the only one with an Aurora, so I guess I have a head start.

Comment

AHHH busted that is me leaning! Notice I am leaning on the black trim that is taped..lol I would never lean on a body panel.
                            If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Hey guys I had a great time at the event. I should get my pads for the DA tomarow. The plan is to detail karin's car first on Weds night. You want some dramatic before and after pictures that will be them. Im thinking of doing the half hood thing just to show it off. Then on to my car

That's one good thing about Culver City, you can wash you car in your driveway as long as you have a hose with a spray head, no open nozzle allowed.
                              ---
                              "there's nothing wrong with a man that a Playstation 2
                              and a copy of Vice City can't cure."
                              -Tycho Brahe

Comment

Today I wiped down Lil'Octane with Quick Detailer, and used the NXT Spray Wax and boy does he SHINE!!!!! He smells great too! Its very easy to use. I also used the NXT Protectanct (don't recall the exact name) for all the interior plastics. It really helped hide my scuff marks and darken everything up without leaving any residue. I really wish that spray bottle had more of a spray pattern than a stream though. An adjustable nozzle like the Tire Spray would be awesome!
                                Richard Lin
                                ShowCarDetailing
                                5548 E. La Palma Ave
                                Anaheim, CA 92807
                                toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');