• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Forest Detail Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Forest Detail Shop

I drove a fellow worker to your Lake Forest Detail Shop today to pick up her car. She was very pleased with what was done. I went to look at the shop. It is a very nice place with but one small problem. I cannot drive my car into the shop.
    Why? Because the driveway is to radical for my car. It will bottom out. Therefore, I cannot have you do my Maranello. Whoever choose the location did not think about cars with a low clearence.

Oh, well.

Hi Bart,

I'll pass this thread on to the manager of the Detail Center.

What about you and your son trying your own hand at it?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Lake Forest Detail Shop

Originally posted by Male Mule
      It is a very nice place with but one small problem. I cannot drive my car into the shop.
      Why? Because the driveway is to radical for my car. It will bottom out. Therefore, I cannot have you do my Maranello.
      If it helps, I'm pretty sure my Aurora can make it up the driveway. We could trade cars so you can get yours detailed. I'll throw some MPPP into the deal too.
      1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
      2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
      1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I am giving you the “Thumbs Up” for the good learning time Saturday. I did not buy the stuff to have another use it. Both my son and I with be trying your system as soon as we receive what I purchased.

I will, of course, ask you some questions as my son and I finish our vehicles. Yes, I realize all of my answers are on this site.

12 cylinders or walk

Comment

To The Aurora Man,

I have replaced my front air dam three times. The next time it will become very expensive. The Maranello is a long car with ground effects. Bumps and dips are its enemy.

Comment

To The Aurora Man,

I have replaced my front air dam three times. The next time it will become very expensive. The Maranello is a long car with ground effects. Bumps and dips are its enemy.
            Right, that's why we can trade. Then your car will be an Aurora, which has never needed the front air dam replaced. So you'll be able to take it to get detailed, and I'll suffer with the 550...
            1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
            2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
            1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Trade even. Sure, why not?

Comment

I wanted to take a moment to reply to the comment about the radical driveway for the Detail Center.

I will take the blame (or credit) for choosing and creating the detail shop. And I will also agree that it is a very difficult place to get lowered cars into, however, we have a method of getting cars in even if they are in the weeds.

We have driven a new Ford GT, Lambo, Ferrari (360 Modena) and several lowered Porsches up the hill. The key is the angle you come in and where you come in. All you need to do is let us guide you and if we see you are about to hit, we stop, but so far, this has not happened.

The location was chosen for several reasons, but the primary reason was it had what we wanted and zoning for this type of facility limits you severally as to the amount of properties to choose from.

Should you want to get your car detailed, let me know and I will personally make sure it is taken in and out in a safe and "non-scraping" manner.

Thanks

Chad Heath
                Director - New Business
                Chad Heath
                Director - New Business
                Meguiar's Inc.

Comment

Thanks Chad for chiming in and offering to go above and beyond the call of duty!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Lake Forest Detail Shop

I cannot drive my car into the shop.
                    Why? Because the driveway is to radical for my car. It will bottom out.

Those parking spots are also tough to park in.

Comment

OK.

I will drive to your shop in Lake Forest. It will be of interest if I can drive the beast up your hill. My car does not mind driving on grass.

I will report after my attempt.

12 cylinders or walk

Comment

That would be awesome!

Let us know when you are coming. We had a gentleman in a 1940 Ford Truck plow up the hill last night...and let me tell you, the thing was in the weeds...I was pretty surprised.

It's all about the angle (that should be my new username).

Thanks

Chad
                        Chad Heath
                        Director - New Business
                        Meguiar's Inc.

Comment

I went there a couple of days ago. Getting up the hill is not too bad but coming down is a bear. I did do it without bottoming out.

12 cylinders or walk

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');