• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a magazine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a magazine...

My car is the red one:

1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Cool!!!

Comment

that is too cool, so did you actually get to participate in the shoot-out, or just provide the vehicle?
      Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
      2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

-Bob
        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman
          that is too cool, so did you actually get to participate in the shoot-out, or just provide the vehicle?
          Participate. No one was in the car but me, no way I'd let some magazine guy rag on my car.

Comment

So how did your Corvette end up doing in the shootout?

Comment

Very Cool Bob!

Way to go!
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Is that the current issue (on shelves now)? I might have to pick up a copy....

Comment

I believe my car was the 2nd quickest. That Z06 was unstoppable. They are lighter, more powerful, and launch better.

SLD, yeah it's the Dec issue, which is the current one. It should be a good read, there were a lot of cool cars that showed up, a GNX, Callaway, Syclone, some Typhoons, a few F-bodies including a Turbo T/A, and me.

Comment

Aurora40- That car turned out to be a great choice, huh? Glad you got some recognition.
                    Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Originally posted by Accumulator
                      Aurora40- That car turned out to be a great choice, huh? Glad you got some recognition.
                      Yeah, it's a blast! It needs some more noise out the back though... I'm thinking headers and an exhaust need to be done.

I also down the road would be interested in the Callaway or Lingenfelter treatment to wake it up even more. We'll see though. It's a ton of fun to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                        Yeah, it's a blast! It needs some more noise out the back though... I'm thinking headers and an exhaust need to be done.

I also down the road would be interested in the Callaway or Lingenfelter treatment to wake it up even more. We'll see though. It's a ton of fun to drive.
                        Hmm... SLP Longtubes and a Loudmouth catback maybe? I dunno how they'd sound with the LT5, though.

Comment

Congratulations Aurora40!
                          r. b.

Comment

Exahust ????

you dont need that just run straight headers and youll be fine!!
                            dont forget change your gear ratio......
                            LOL

Congrats

How did you do against the Turbo T/A....

Did they have the Monte Carlo SS Turbo...

Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
                              Hmm... SLP Longtubes and a Loudmouth catback maybe? I dunno how they'd sound with the LT5, though.
                              SLP doesn't make any products for the LT5 except their air intake. I don't think I will go with longtubes. For one, few of them (Rippies are the only I've seen with them) have the AIR fittings. Virginia requires a visual and tailpipe test of my car. The other is longtubes with cats extend much further than stock, so the rest of the exhaust has to be chopped up. The biggest, though, is I think longtubes will make it very hard to do things like change the tranny fluid. It's already hard to access the fill plug with the stock setup, longtubes would be much worse. I don't want to have to drop the exhaust just to do simple maintenance.

I am thinking along the lines of Callaway header/cats. They are not unlike shortie headers on a smallblock. For the exhaust, I like that Corsas are straight-through, but I think the tips don't look right on a C4, especially the belt-line C4's. The shiny thick tips look out of place (much like I think chrome wheels do). I prefer a more functional look, and the black square tips of stock are cool. Flowmasters have nice tips, but the baffling and 2.5" size I don't like so much. Callaway again has a 2.75" system with their double-D tips. I want to find out how they muffle sound, though, before I decide (i.e. baffling, fiber packing, chambering, etc)

Originally posted by Djmigs
                              How did you do against the Turbo T/A....

Did they have the Monte Carlo SS Turbo...
                              I beat them all except the Z06. I don't believe there ever was a production Monte Carlo SS with a turbo. It always had a smallblock. There was no Monte there, though. There was a Buick GNX there, which sounded wicked!

I have some clips of a few of the cars here:
                              Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');