• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bee that landed on the hood and wouldn't go away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee that landed on the hood and wouldn't go away

I washed my dad's car today, it's black and has bad swirls. I applied # 80 with a pc a section at a time on the hood to start and after one section..when I turned around to put the pc down and pick up an ultimate wipe to wipe off the product...a big bee was sitting there....looked like it was eating the #80 or somethin..So I wiped around it and when it came to wiping off the part the bee was sitting on I swiped him with my hand hoping he'll fly away. But he didn't he "crawled/walked" back to the area that had #80 on it. ( I repeated the swiping at least 3-4 times) And I didn't want to get stung so I didn't want to pick him up with my hands so I decided to get the vacuum. But on the way I noticed the blue masking tape I used and the little wrench that comes with the pc to strew on the backing plate. I decided to wrap the masking tape around (sticky side out) it to see if I could get the bee to get stuck to it and then squish him for delaying my detailing. And it worked, and for some reason the bee couldn't fly (maybe a little #80 on it's wings) so I squished him while he was still stuck to the masking tape and threw the masking tape away. And that was my little dilema I had this morning.
    Got great results with the #80, pc and the tech wax by the way, no swirlmarks are visible, It took about 3 applications. The rest of the scratches are mostly gone, but the deeper ones are still there. I think I'd need a more aggressive product like #83

Sorry, I'm kinda bored, so I decided to post about this pointless situation I was in today. Hopefully this would be entertaining to those who read it.

hahahhahahaaha i guess 80 taste sweet or something..... lol....

Comment

Seems like I've heard of bugs being attracted to Meguiar's products before........Word of bug's mouth advertising you know.
      r. b.

Comment

They love NXT Liquid and Spray NXT I had a bunch of bees flying around the bottles sitting on the ground last week. Had a friend get stung in the lip (wish I had a picture it swelled way up) when he was drinking a Dr Pepper while cleaning his car and a bee was inside the can.
        Dean and Rena
        SoCal New Beetle Club
        '00 Cybergreen GLS "Nessie"
        '03 Blue Lagoon Color Concept 1.8t "Blue Thunder"
        Webmaster Http://www.socalnbc.org

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thunder
          They love NXT Liquid and Spray NXT I had a bunch of bees flying around the bottles sitting on the ground last week. Had a friend get stung in the lip (wish I had a picture it swelled way up) when he was drinking a Dr Pepper while cleaning his car and a bee was inside the can.
          ouch! Thank God I mostly drink water/ seltzer! lol
          I find that little bugs like natz (sp) love sitting on the paint after waxing.
          Rangerpowersports.com
          Ranger72

Comment

Maybe #80 is the crack equivalent for bee's. Did ya really have to squish the little fellow , poor thing , maybe he had kids .
            Success is based on the quality of the job done !

Comment

Originally posted by Rollman
              Maybe #80 is the crack equivalent for bee's. Did ya really have to squish the little fellow , poor thing , maybe he had kids .
              LOL
              Rangerpowersports.com
              Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Rollman
                He shouldn'tve been goin on other peoples property. And I think the bee was on crack, i'd swipe him and he'd kinda flip himself over and roll back. When it walked it walked like a penguin. seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by F-150
                  And I think the bee was on crack... it walked like a penguin.
                  He just couldn't get a grip on your slippery, just-polished surface. Funniest thing like that I had happen was after polishing and waxing my friend's car (blue) a dragonfly kept hovering over the hood and trying to land. Would swoop down, and you could hear it hit the metal, then would go back to hovering...it just couldn't figure out why it couldn't land in that pond!

Comment

Never know what kind of nectar those crazy chemists are putting in these products......

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');