• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight of a 1-gallon bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight of a 1-gallon bottle

Hi there!

Could someone give an estimation on the weight for a 1-gallon bottle of wax/polish (MG80/83/26)?

I'm guessing that it should be around 4 kg but I could be so totally wrong (since I'm not familiar with the gallon-unit nor the density of the product)

/Marcus

Well, the density of each product could be a bit different anyway. 1 gallon of water would be about 4kg. So any products could be up around 5kg or so because they are denser...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Are you sure the products are denser?

I would guess they are less dense than water and most would float on top of water if you tried to mix them.

Regardless, the weight should be about the same 4 kg or around 7 pounds.

Comment

1 gal = 3.78 litres

Comment

4 kilograms = 8.81849049 pound

Comment

"A pint's a pound the world around."

A gallon of almost any liquid is always around 8 pounds, give or take. That's a safe rough number to use for calculating shipping, etc.

Tom
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I checked what a 32 fl.oz bottle of M80 weighs; 1135g so a 1 gal is about 4 x 1135=4540g. + - a few grams.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies!
                I'll stick with the 4 kgs and see, I don't think it will matter much if its 1-2 kg's more or less, I'll probably have to ship a package that weighs over 10kg in the end anyway....

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');