• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who use the M9912 bottles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who use the M9912 bottles...

OK, who else is chasing those darn little red caps all over the garage? Every time I detail my truck I spend 10 min looking for the caps all over the garage... and yes I said to myself I am going to remember where I put this little guy. You would think the red color would have made it a little easier!?!?

WANTED:
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I feel your pain. I too share the same experiences from time to time haha.

Greg
    Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Hey Gb,

I know exactly what you are going through. I have lost quite a few as they tend to disappear in the weirdest places! After wet sanding a vehicle, I went to use some #85 which I have in the generic bottle. I placed the bottle on the plastic cowl and then took off the lid. You can guess what happened next....the lid slipped out of my hand and fell into the cowl area! POOF! I have no idea where it went. I looked all over, but it was gone alright!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hmm, they should make em with a tiny rubber strap that connects them to the bottle.

Comment

Re: For those who use the M9912 bottles...

Originally posted by gb387
          OK, who else is chasing those darn little red caps all over the garage? Every time I detail my truck I spend 10 min looking for the caps all over the garage... and yes I said to myself I am going to remember where I put this little guy. You would think the red color would have made it a little easier!?!?

WANTED:
          My cap tip covers look bigger than the one in your picture.

But my way of dealing with them is to wear a cotton nail apron and store the cap in one of the pockets.

I bought mine at Wal-Mart for .99 cents........It also helps to cover my belt buckle too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it possible to buy replacement tips/caps?
          Last edited by rusty bumper; Sep 9, 2005, 06:31 AM.
          r. b.

Comment

My caps go in my pocket. I wouldn't want them attached to the bottle by little rubber straps as I find they then get in the way when dispensing product.

Ben

Comment

why not use the other flip tops? seems more convienent, flip it up , squirt, flip it doowm , its closed, or do they not fit these bottles..?
              "that car is dirty"

Comment

Originally posted by oc detailer
                why not use the other flip tops? seems more convienent, flip it up , squirt, flip it doowm , its closed, or do they not fit these bottles..?
                We mainly use the generic dispenser bottles because some of Meguiar's products come in 32oz or larger containers.

You can also trim the tips of the generic bottles to allow for a bigger hole for products to pass through (Such as #83 DACP which is rather thick to begin with---I think I recall Mike saying that he cracked a 32oz bottle of it one time after squeezing it too hard, while trying to dispense the product).
                Last edited by rusty bumper; Sep 9, 2005, 09:20 AM.
                r. b.

Comment

Use a toolcart with a small container to keep every little thing in there.This way its always there when youre done.Or use the Megs apron with pockets.The neighbors will think youre nuts or baking cookies in the garage but the red cap will be in the pockets.
                  2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                  Show Car Detail

Comment

Well.... just found the one cap that went missing back on September 8, 2005. Once I found it I remembered placing it there. I stuck it to a new M9912 bottles little red cap.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Believe it or not you can get them at - www.MeguiarsLittleRedCap.com
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I forgot to mention you have to by them by the dozen!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

OK admit it! Who really clicked on that above link??? LOL!

Comment

I now have a red and white cap, because I "borrowed" one from a container of carpenter's chalk. Same size, different color.

Whatever works!

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                              I forgot to mention you have to by them by the dozen!

www.MeguiarsLittleRedCap.com
                              My dozen is on it's way.............Thanks for the link Joe!

Now if I can just find a link for radiator fuses.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');