• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a personal update, with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a personal update, with pics

I know I haven't been on in a while, I've been busy with work and family. But I recently did my civic duty and got a drunk driver off the streets before she could kill anyone ...

No names have been changed to protect anyone ...

I was driving home from work Friday night and had just stopped at Burger King for the kids and decided that some onion rings sounded good. Well, I continued heading home and the odor of fresh onion rings was filling the car. I made the turn onto the main road that leads to my street and just as I started to accelerate, I had to SLAM on the brakes because a woman pulled out of the Taco Bell parking lot, without stopping right in front of me ...

... I ALMOST missed her, but my left front corner smacked her left rear quarter panel. I stop, but she keeps going! I spin around, beat her to the intersection and cut her off (This is not something I recommend anyone doing). I get out of my car (had to force the door) and approach her window. She's sitting there puffing on a cigarette and then throws it out the window at me. (she didn't know I was there!) Then she says: "Oh, did I hit you?" I tell her she did, noticing the "I don't know where I am or what's going on" look on her face and thought to myself: "Aw, hell, she's bombed." Traffic is starting to back up and with her wedged in and not able to go anywhere, I start waving traffic around (while still keeping an eye on her). After a minute or so, I saw headlights pulling up and I started to wave it away, when I noticed it was the locals. OK, cool. Let them handle this.

I hand off my insurance and DL to the officer then go back and lean up against my crumpled fender, lighting one up to help with the adrenaline rush (I know, a bad habit...). A second local quickly arrives and I am told to drive my car into the bank parking lot adjacent to where we were so we could clear traffic. I pull around to the front of the bank and they pull her car to the rear of the bank where they dealt with her. They seemed to want to keep us separate, because no one came to talk to me for several minutes. Finally the officer comes back around and said: "You ARE NOT at fault," with a funny tone in his voice. I look at him and ask: "Drunk?" He looked away and said: "Well, I can't really say, but it IS the holiday season and what is it people do a lot of during the holiday season." So I thought, OK, she's drunk, figures, just my luck. They cut me loose, so I just happened to drive around to the back of the back to get to the main road, and I see them giving her the Field Sobriety Tests and from the looks of things, not doing a very good job of it.

I drive away with my inner fender rubbing against my tire (I only drove it away because I was less than 100 yards from my house). I felt good in spite of the accident because I got a drunk off the road before she killed someone ... BUT ... this was the 2nd time I got hit by someone pulling out of this Taco Bell, and what's WORSE...

... That's when I realized that my nice, hot onion rings hadn't survived the crash. They were now cold and scattered all over my dirty floor mat on the passenger side, and all I was left with was their lingering aroma ...

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Just a personal update, with pics

Oh man, that sux Don! Your cool, little shiny Suzuki is looking worse for wear, but at least everyone is ok.

And at least that drunk idiot is off the roads for good (hopefully)!

Let's hope the repair shop's "detailers" don't hack your baby too much, although I know you have the skills to get her looking new again.

Stay safe mate
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Re: Just a personal update, with pics

Sorry to hear Don, but glad you're okay!

Hope the repair is speedy and they do a first class job for you!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');