• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hup cap care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hup cap care

Does anyone use wax to keep there hup caps from fading? Does it work.

Don't get caught riding dirty!

Re: hup cap care

wont really help fading... but anything to keep them clean and protected will keep them from deteriorating.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'm sure I would if I had a car with hub caps!

It can only help their appearance..
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Definitely keep 'em waxed. They accumulate less brake dust than the average alloy wheel, since the steel wheel underneath acts as a shield, but they're still a painted surface exposed to the elements, so a good coat of wax is advised. Bill

Comment

Waxing defiantly can't hurt as everyone has already stated, but a surefire way to make them not fade is a silver coat of plastidip with some glossifier (kinda like plastidip clear coat) It would look 8/10 as good, but you would never have to worry about them fading. Or, you could use that as a backup if they ever start to fade.

Comment

I am assuming those caps are coated with something so I doubt waxing would hurt.
            I don't mean to offend but considering they are hub caps, I would just maintain them with spray wax instead since the caps can easily be replaced.
            2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');