• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garage Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Heaters

It's dipping down to the 30's here in Minnesota, and I'd like to still be waxing in the next few months. Any recommendations for garage heaters? I'd like to stick to something as safe as possible, a friend and I have used propane heaters a lot years ago, but I'd prefer to use something where I wouldn't have to worry as much about carbon monoxide or explosive gas.

Are infrared heaters effective for detailing? Are electric heaters (whether older styles or infrared) too costly for a detailng job? Or would you charge extra if getting paid to do it?

Thanks!

Re: Garage Heaters

I have a natural gas ceiling mounted one like this... HeatStar 45,000 BTU Natural Gas Garage Heater. Mine is a different brand but is also 45,000 BTU's. It works great for my 2.5 stall insulated garage. Doesn't take long at all to heat it up and no worries. When I first started using it I had a carbon monoxide and explosive gas alarm in the garage but that's moved it the house now. Never went off or had any problems with it. I tried a small electric space heater when I had a 1 stall insulated garage and it took forever to warm up the garage and didn't seem very cost effective.
    Scott

Comment

We have a natural gas heater in our garage as well, pretty sure its 45,000 BTUs. Our garage is a 2.5 car garage also. It isn't insulated very well so it takes a while to heat it up. We also got a Kerosene heater that my dad calls the "Bullet" not sure if that's the correct term or not. That's 50,000 BTUs and it heats the garage up so much quicker along with having the natural gas one on.

We only run the heaters when we know we will be doing some project in the garage for a while. So it is well worth the cost in that aspect. We ran the natural gas one continuously for a month one time , kept it at 40degrees, added almost $200 to the heating bill lol. Mom and dad freaked when getting that bill.
      Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
      ---------
      SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');