• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new detailing rig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new detailing rig...

Hi Guys,
    so after working for about 2 years from my ford expedition while getting my detailing business off the ground with my 11-12mpg 5.4 ford, I decided to find a new more fuel efficient vehicle, after saving some money for the last couple of months I was able to walk into my local dealership and drive off in my new truck...
    a 2012 Fiat Fiorino city, after searching around I saw that this was the best option for mobile detailing in Santiago Chile, this 1.4l is veeeerrry fuel eficient, i have been getting 50mpg and more, with a 600k capacity I can haul around all my equipment, and also because its small its easy to drive everywhere,

so heres how I picked it up... i told them not to wash it or anything but they gave me the free swirls and hologram option for free

then went with the wife to eat, and took some more shots..

I really love the way it drives, great visibility even with the enclosed cargo area, comfortable, good handiling, so I got back home and started working in the correccion stages,
    *washed
    *Megs mild clay
    *Microfiber correction compound
    just worked the paint until midnight so I sould take it to my friend that has a vinyl plotter
    Its hard to take pics at night of defects in white paint, but here you can see the hazing around the light,

and the after, after DA and microfiber correction

after some Swissvax waxing

looking better ehh!! now while my friend cutted the graphics I decided to lay some carpet in the rear so i dont scratch the paint underneath

After some cutting and fitting it ended how I wanted:

while charging the camera I was able to install the vinyl on the sides, squegee, bottle of water and a cutter... then driving back home I took some pics of the result, I still need the services list that will go on the rear and both side doors, and thinking of putting some white rims... but for now its ok... enjoy

any comments or suggestions i will be happy to recieve them!!

-Nelson Zapata
    Advance Detail Chile
    Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Re: My new detailing rig...

Congratulations on your new van! Looks very sharp!

Comment

Nice ride, Congrats!

Comment

Very nice van

Comment

Looks good! I really like your decals, not too much and very professional looking.
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');