• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for any health professional military members (mostly Air Force)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for any health professional military members (mostly Air Force)

I just started dental school in Utah and am trying to apply for the US Air Force Health scholarship. I was wondering if anyone, or knows someone, with first hand experience being a health care professional in the military? I'm just trying to figure out what kind of lifestyle I should expect being a dentist in the military, specifically Air Force.

One major concern I have is how long are deployments for health professionals and how close would we be to "the front lines"?

I've always been intrigued by the military but never thought I had what it takes to actually pick up a gun and fight. I guess this is another way I can support my country without violence.

Also, if anyone is Air Force or knows someone from Air Force, I've been trying to get a hold of a recruiter for 3 days now with no response. I know the deadline for the scholarship is coming up soon so if anyone has a contact, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thanks!
    2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
    Black Obsidian
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');