• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my car! (and license!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my car! (and license!)

Well, I got my license on February 18th, but was unable to drive my car because it wasn't inspected/registered (except in Minnesota) and I needed to send out for a new title to get from Minnesota because the DMV wouldn't accept the current one when we went to transfer it because it had white out on one letter I pretty much almost killed myself, as you can see, I'm 17 and already on these forums looking how to make my car look good!

Well, last night I finally got the title in the mail, so I got real excited. I go into school today and can't wait to get home to drive to my moms work and then to inspection, but my happiness soon came to a halt; it started snowing 5th period, and my mom called me out to drive home in 7th. I figured now I wouldn't be able to go, but luckily my step dad saved the day and when he got home we put on the plates in the freezing cold, drove up in the snow with me driving stick for the first time ever, and got the car inspected. We drove home but on the way stopped in a giant parking lot, he taught me how to do some things, what to do in slides, and did some donuts, one of the funnest things I've ever done.

Now that I got my car, I can't wait for this cold weather to pass and the spring to come. I bought my PC 7336 along with $150 of Meguiar's products, so hopefully I can get it back to how it should look!

Tomorrow when it's not so snowy (and dark) I'll put some pics up of my 2001 Dodge Neon ES! So excited

Sorry about the weather... but sounds like you are ready to go! lets see.... License, Car, PC and Meguiars.... yep thats about all thats on the list for things to have when you start to drive.

Congrats!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

It's great that your dad took you to the parking lot to teach you about slides, doughnuts, etc. A lot of drivers have no idea what to do when their car slides. Looks like you're off to a good start.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I remember when I was 17, back in 1966 and I got my license and my first car. It was a 1956 Buick Special with lots of chrome on it. I was so excited also. I still am today. You will have many, many years of driving enjoyment and the luxury of having this fantastic forum to keep your car in tip top shape with Meguiar's products. Good luck!!!

----------
        Mike M

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');