• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where I can find a good car cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where I can find a good car cover?

Hey everyone, many times I have to go somewhere where I'm unable to keep my car in a garage or a carport either for half a day, over night or even a few days in a row. And normally I use a car cover to protect my car's exterior from the sun, rain, and debris. But the problem I have is with the rain. I can't seem to find a car cover that is water proof or keeps water seeping through the cover and onto the car.

I was wondering if you know of any car covers that truly protect a car's exterior from getting wet and if so, where do I get it?

I've looked around in all my town's retail and auto parts stores and I can't seem to find one. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Strader327

Professional photographer and owner of STRADER Motorsports Photography

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strad...41121349262327

Re: Anyone know where I can find a good car cover?

I don't recommend car covers in general because I have never seen one that doesn't require the cover being stretched and/or dragged across the paint. If you do find one that meets your waterproof requirements (and if it has mirror pockets) be sure to fold your mirrors in rather than trying to fit it into the pocket.

When I go out of town for more than a few days, I leave my car at an airport parking structure to protect it from the elements. Not economical compared to a car cover, but my paint is protected.

Comment

Agree with the above.

However, Covercraft is a good company. You cna request fabric samples I believe.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I had a car cover back in HS for my low mile Z28, I wanted to keep protected. I ordered it from Yearone and it was around 150$, but well worth it. If you can convince someone to help you out putting it on, it is very easy. I believe it was a covercraft, but I could be wrong.

Edit: Do NOT, I repeat do NOT buy one from a local auto parts house. They are cheap, WILL scratch, and rip VERY easily. A buddy of mine is on his 3rd one.
        My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

For a car that is kept outside I would not recommend a car cover.
          If you must, look into California Car Cover.

Comment

Covercraft Noah does a good job in the rain

Comment

California Car Cover

Comment

Cal cover.

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  Strader327

Professional photographer and owner of STRADER Motorsports Photography

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strad...41121349262327

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');