• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Dart wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Dart wont start

Hey guys so, i went to go for my friday night drive and click thats the only noise it has made since, i put it on the charger for a hour or two and the click is coming fromt the starter drive engaging the flywheel i think but nothin. lights come on and i have now put my other cars battery in and nothin still i have a new starter in the car already and the funny thing is i drove it yesterday no problems at all! i dont get it, im letting it trickle chargeon the other cars battery because the lights were a little dim for another hour and going to try again but i know its the starter motor making the clank. please help any input is appreciated
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: Help Dart wont start

i cant recall iffen those old mopars have a solenoid on the starter or not. anyways, i would start by checking the connections on the starter. could be time for a new starter.

Comment

Thanks for the input, i just went out in the dark tried jumping the starter solenoid and it was hard for it to jump the posts i had to hit it just right and sratch the metal a little with the screwdriver and then i heard it engage the starter meaning bad solenoid and terminalsand wires? they look original, but the starter is brand new its hard to believe it would be bad already. it cranked hard when it was working.
      Alex
      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

yup, sounds like the solenoid, but a good time to clean the connections,too.

Comment

She lives!!! bad connections to ground wires to the battery terminals i felt dumb when the tow truck driver that came to tow it fixed it.
          Alex
          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');