• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Wash Industry wants to ban Driveway washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe you guys are having a discussion about diverting water containing biodegradeable soap away from drains. Heck, get to the root of the problem! Let's outlaw people!

Gee, the car wash industry wants to outlaw driveway washing for ecology's sake! What a load.

I for one have had it. I've sold my California real estate and am heading to Wyoming to look at homes in a couple of days.

I'd like to see these bozos try to pass this kind of legislation in Wyoming. The people up there know BS when they see it or step in it.

When I leave California, I'll do so knowing that I will make room for some poor, disadvantaged illegal alien. It's the politically correct thing to do.

You know what would be great? If this stupid idea gets going and Barry Meguiar interviews Govenor Arnold on "Car Crazy". I think that interview would redefine "passion" for Barry!
    Last edited by STG; Feb 2, 2005, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Seems its fine with the EPA. I think we are safe as it is now. Maybe there will be a development of a new super product
      Raleigh, Durham, Cary Madman Detailer of Liquid Finish.

Comment

I found this article which I thought was interesting: http://www.stormwatercenter.net/Poll...CarWashing.htm

Two things were interesting. One, they suggest a biodegradable soap as a viable solution. Two, they estimate 60% of people who wash their own cars are "chronic", but then estimate that 25% of all people are "chronic" car washers. This would mean a whopping 40+% of all people wash their own cars. I find that unlikely...

I definitely would like to find a better device for diverting water to my lawn than just laying a hose on the driveway. This works ok, but not great.
        1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Some googling turned up this place which had a wide selection. There were some other places too:

This in particular looks promising, and I may go ahead and get two of them. It is for rough surfaces: http://www.newpig.com/en_US/main.jht...ppanalysis=LHB

Another was this: http://www.absorbentsonline.com/spil..._berm_dike.htm

Comment

Originally posted by STG
            I can't believe you guys are having a discussion about diverting water containing biodegradeable soap away from drains. Heck, get to the root of the problem! Let's outlaw people!

Gee, the car wash industry wants to outlaw driveway washing for ecology's sake! What a load.

When I leave California, I'll do so knowing that I will make room for some poor, disadvantaged illegal alien. It's the politically correct thing to do.
            1. Biodegradable soap isn't necessarily not harmful to the enviornment in the short term. It just means that the soap breaks down over time.

2. It seems to me that the automatic car wash industry is trying to get people to use their (dis)services utilizing ecology as a front.

3. I find this remark to be quite offensive. I would like to remind you that not all Latino or Asian immigrants are illegal, and the ones who are, are just trying to make life better for their familes. Wouldn't you do that, too for your family?
            "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
            R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by SingingSabre

3. I find this remark to be quite offensive. I would like to remind you that not all Latino or Asian immigrants are illegal, and the ones who are, are just trying to make life better for their familes.
              While his remark was hardly innocuous, he makes no mention of latinos or asians. You do. And it's not inaccurate to say that California has a problem with illegal immigration. It seems like you are taking offense to things no one actually said.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                While his remark was hardly innocuous, he makes no mention of latinos or asians. You do. And it's not inaccurate to say that California has a problem with illegal immigration. It seems like you are taking offense to things no one actually said.
                Well, I apologize for jumping to conclusions...however I don't see any other immigrants often talked about as being problematic.

My real problem with his remark is in the context. I feel, and this is just a personal opinion, that the comment towards "disadvantaged illegal aliens" is just bitter. I don't feel they deserve to have bitterness turned upon them. I won't reply to this subject any further, so don't worry.

*steps off political soapbox*
                "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
                R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by SingingSabre
                  1. Biodegradable soap isn't necessarily not harmful to the enviornment in the short term. It just means that the soap breaks down over time.

2. It seems to me that the automatic car wash industry is trying to get people to use their (dis)services utilizing ecology as a front.

3. I find this remark to be quite offensive. I would like to remind you that not all Latino or Asian immigrants are illegal, and the ones who are, are just trying to make life better for their familes. Wouldn't you do that, too for your family?
                  STG's remark that you found offensive was about illegal aliens, not all immigrants. And I perfectly understand resentment toward illegals. I understand their motivations, yes, but that does not make it right. BTW, I also resent when illegal aliens are mistreated and taken advantage of with extremely low wages. It's bad for everyone.

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');