• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Gear America Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear America Fans

They are taping at El Toro and there are tickets still available. You will need a FB account. FYI Just a little added value for being here.

Featuring super-cars, extreme stunts and challenges, car reviews and celebrity interviews, Top Gear is the home for anyone with a love of cars.
    BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Re: Top Gear America Fans

An American version of the great UK show. Hmm. I wonder how this is going to turn out. I would say its impossible to make a version even a tenth as good as the original.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
      An American version of the great UK show. Hmm. I wonder how this is going to turn out. I would say its impossible to make a version even a tenth as good as the original.

Colin
      Have you watched Top Gear: Australia?

If not, maybe you should check it out, especially the "Ashes" special (UK hosts vs. the Australian hosts battling in Britain)

Comment

The leak I saw of the US show was more like the ******* gang with cars. Lost interest a few minutes in, and will just watch the Brit version.
        2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
        2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
          Colin
          +2
          When I saw the three they chose for the show I said "no thanks." I've seen the Aussie version on the net, it's alright, but nothing like the original. Some British comedy just doesn't translate into American: Monty Python, Are You Being Served, Coupling, etc.
          2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Its not as bad as you guys think. The clips they revealed to us at the taping were really good. The humor is different but still really good

I was in a prime spot too so I'll be on TV a few times during the episode they taped
            Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');