• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exotic Cars = Waste of $$$$.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exotic Cars = Waste of $$$$.

Hi everyone,

Before I share my story of how exotic cars are a waste of money, I want to inform all of the people here who owned an exotic car or have friends who own an exotic car that, I am not flaming all of you. Hope you are all well and that you are having fun with your expensive exotic cars.

For many years up until recently, I was a big fan of exotic cars. Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Pagani, and more I love them all. Some of my favorite exotic cars include the Ferrari F40, Enzo, Pagani Zonda F, Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, and more. They all definitely look nice and are fun to drive. Now, I wouldn't own one even though I was a millionaire. Why? Couple of my friends too notice the change in my opinion on exotic cars because I used to be all into them and I also would read alot about exotic cars.

My friends ask me why wouldn't I own an exotic car and I simply told them, the principle of APPRECIATION VS. DEPRECIATION. I told my friends I wouldn't want exotic car because 1.) They are costly to buy 2.) Costly to maintain 3.) Depreciate overtime........and lastly 4.) I would have to watch my back when I am on the streets. Once I drive an exotic car or any car in general off the dealer driveway, I had just lost money because it's not worth the new price tag anymore.

I currently drive an 2004 Acura TSX and I love my car. My TSX is very reliable, didn't cost alot of money to buy or doesn't cost alot of money to maintain, gets very good gas mileage, and the handling is great. In addition, it doesn't attract attention compared to an exotic car.......the less attention the better. Driving my Acura TSX around I don't have to watch my back from muggers, I don't have to worry about *people keying my car, or simply having any paranoia about my car.

My friend told me that driving an Acura TSX will not attract all of the hot girls as compared to driving a Ferrari or Lamborghini. The minute he told me this I laughed LOL.........I call this "EMPTY LOVE." I want a girl to like me for "ME," not simply because I own an exotic car. Sure, I've seen alot of guys driving their exotic cars with hot girls in the passenger seat but......the question I ask myself is that, "Are those the right girls for me?" Sure, probably, I will get some from a hot girl driving an exotic car but this is what I call a "Temporary Satisfaction."

The Prince of Dubai has tons of exotic cars, enough to fill up an airport, but if he offered me all of them.........I wouldn't own a single one. Instead I would take all of the money that all of the exotic cars are worth and instead, I would buy property and set up businessnes all around the world and make more money. I would buy multiple apartments, condos, and houses and rent them out to people and make more money.

I would take a nice house anyday rather than a nice car. I would take a woman with "Brains" anyday rather than a woman who spends her money on plastic surgery and boob jobs.

Precision
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Oct 2, 2010, 01:24 PM. Reason: Family friendly language

Re: Exotic Cars = Waste of $$$$.

Also, I forgot to say I'd rather have the right "attitude" when it comes to attracting a woman rather than have a nice Ferrari.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
      I would buy property and set up businessnes all around the world and make more money. I would buy multiple apartments, condos, and houses and rent them out to people and make more money
      Some people already do these things and because of it, they can afford exotic cars.

I don't agree with your title "waste of money". Lots of people buy exotic cars and resell them at a profit (ie. Jay Leno etc.). What you are arguing can be said for all new cars once you drive them off the lot. Who says you have to sell your car? Value is in the eye of the owner (most of us aren't car enthusiasts because it's logical).

Comment

To each thier own, right?

I wouldn't own an exotic car either. I love my Civic!
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Throwing a preemptive warning, let's NOT turn this into a flame war.

Everyone is entitled to their own view on this, and if you share it, keep it friendly.

Thank you.

PS, I'll take a Ford GT in Tungsten grey with silver stripes, please.

Comment

Precision:

You're not telling us a story about wasting money on exotic cars, you're giving us an opinion.

An opinion that's based on actually owning exotics?

Even one?

An opinion based on driving exotics?

Even one?

Sadly, it seems you have rationalized your way into an opinion once you realized you will never have enough money to own any nice car.

How do I know your poor? Your comment about the Prince of Dubai's collection is a dead give away. You'd sell it to set up business to make MORE MONEY. You'd sell it to buy property to make MORE MONEY.

He already has MORE MONEY. In fact, he's been trying to figure out how to spend it.

Hey, if you feel superior driving around Hollywood being a lady killer in a 2004 TSX, that's cool!

I've driven an F40, Pagani Zonda, original 427 Shelby Cobra, Lamborghini Countach, Porsche 959 and others. Don't try convincing me or any other car guy exotics aren't worth it.

Comment

Also, I forgot to say I'd rather have the right "attitude" when it comes to attracting a woman rather than have a nice Ferrari.

How's that working out for you?

Comment

i don`t think is a waist , they simply afford it. is their "honda".
                are cars with history and lots of hp and technology.
                you can pull women with no car/ or any car, as far as runs ) just keep it clean
                proreflection
                *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Comment

I have a client who thinks the same way.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Please don't tell us if you become a millionaire you would still drive your acura?!??

Exotic cars are for people who have enough money not to vory about deprciation, service cost and the like.

Of course if you become rich you would buy something like ferrari or the like, not acura, civic, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by FRS View Post
                      Please don't tell us if you become a millionaire you would still drive your acura?!??
                      I know plenty of multi millionaires that drive work trucks or common cars everyday.

Whats wrong with that?
                      Nick
                      Tucker's Detailing Services
                      815-954-0773
                      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

My friends ask me why wouldn't I own an exotic car and I simply told them, the principle of APPRECIATION VS. DEPRECIATION. 3.) Depreciate overtime........ I had just lost money because it's not worth the new price tag anymore.

The Prince of Dubai has tons of exotic cars, enough to fill up an airport, but if he offered me all of them.........I wouldn't own a single one.

I'm pretty certain the Prince's collection appreciates in value.
                        South Florida & Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                          I know plenty of multi millionaires that drive work trucks or common cars everyday.

Whats wrong with that?

I know a guy that owns a multi million dollar trucking company. He drives a Ford F150 and his wife drives a Taurus. Oh yeah, they live in a 10,000 sq ft home, too.

Colin
                          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Plenty of wealthy people drive crappy cars. I know a multi Emmy winning Hollywood director who built a beach front house in Malibu with no garage or carport because he doesn't care about cars. He just leases whatever the "in crowd" drives every year and parks them outside 24/7.

I live in Northwest Wyoming where everybody, including the man who owns a Gulfstream 550 and uses it just 6 times a year and doesn't lease it out, drives an F250 and wears jeans.

The Editor of Road & Track noticed a Aston Martin Zagato in the restoration shop during a factory visit a few years ago. He thought he'd seen the same car at the factory the previous year immediately after a 100 point restoration. It was the same car. The Sultan of Brunei let his 16 year old son use it for driver's training.

Wealthy people choose what vehicles to drive. A broke guy has no choice, so his opinion of exotic cars is worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by David Fermani View Post
                              I'm pretty certain the Prince's collection appreciates in value.
                              I'm just guessing you've never seen the Prince drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');