• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Place To Detail Your Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place To Detail Your Vehicle

i have no garage and really no shade to do any of my detailing. i usually wait until the sun starts to go down to begin washing, but that doesn't leave me with much time to do anything else. there is an older car wash bay in town that not many people use anymore. i've thought about going there early one morning and getting started. just wondering where you guys detail when you have no garage or shade.
    2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Re: Best Place To Detail Your Vehicle

How about investing in a pop up shade canopy? Easy set up and take down. Can be moved to block the sun as you work. Easy to store when not in use, also.

Just wondering.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Do you have a driveway? Do you live in an apartment? What's the deal?

I have a garage, but it's too small. I do however have a huge back yard with a gravel drive. My neighbor's house is huge, so it offers shade until about 4PM.

Comment

I just do it out in the driveway. Yeah, sometimes the sun is a pain, especially when washing but I deal with it for lack of a better option.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

i do have a driveway. however there is no shade that covers it. i have plenty of places to detail. just no where to escape the direct sunlight.

i've looked into one of those canopys. i've also looked at those tin carports. however its more money than i have to spend right now.

Comment

Originally posted by music_man185 View Post
            i do have a driveway. however there is no shade that covers it. i have plenty of places to detail. just no where to escape the direct sunlight.

i've looked into one of those canopys. i've also looked at those tin carports. however its more money than i have to spend right now.
            Well for now, all you can do is the best that you can. Until you can possibly get a canopy.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I'd really avoid detailing in the sun if possible.....especially NC sun! Alot of products don't play very well at all with the sun and the hot surfaces the sun creates. You'd probably be doing more harm then good.

Do you have any shady trees around you? I'd go to a park that would have shady parking lots (this would especially be good if your detailing by hand and Don't need any type of power source). You can also try the co-op car washed, just start pretty early in the morning, and if you get kicked out then go to the park. Do you have family around that has a garage or a shady driveway.

I'm sorta in the same boat as you. No driveway or garage but I have a grass alleyway in the back of the house that is shady, works well enough for me.
              For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Originally posted by music_man185 View Post

I have a garage in a box, type of deal, but I never detail in it. I live in a dry, relatively cool climate and it's tough breath in there (even with the entrance completely open). I'd suggest an open wall design. You can always put a tarp up on one side if needed.

Comment

I just put the vehicle under the tree and use the shade. But I plan on buying a canopy so I can do some detailing with it.

Comment

Get up at 5am on the weekend and get the vehicle washed then.
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      Get up at 5am on the weekend and get the vehicle washed then.
                      2 hrs sleep just isn't enough

Comment

we have 2 different car washes in town (small town). one is relatively newer, so everyone uses it. not many people use the old one anymore. so i think i'll get up early one weekend morning and use one of the bays. my detailing list this time will consist of a wash, clay, swirl-x, polish, and wax (possibly 2 coats). so i have my work cut out for me. did i mention its all done by hand?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');