• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid Bodyshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Bodyshop?

I was involved in an auto accident on Aug 9. My car was towed to the shop on Aug 10. And has been there ever since. I have now been told 4 different dates as to when i will get it back. It was supposed to be tomorrow, Wed Sept 22. But this has changed again to Friday Sept 24. I was hit in Jan and recieved similar damage and the repait took about 20 days. This time IF i get it back on friday, it would of been for 55 days! Thats 55 days of a rental car for my parents! It crazy and im upset. Do most bodyshops usually try to get em out in 15 days or something? Is 55 days a lil wierd?

Re: Stupid Bodyshop?

I'm sure they are doing what they can. Most of those places are so cramped for space that they want to get rid of them as soon as they can. Your car has likely been cussed at dozens of times for being in the way.

Some times a body shop has to wait on an insurance appraiser to come look at the vehicle prior the work being done.

They could be waiting on parts.

They don't get paid until the insurance company pays them and that won't be until the work is complete. Right now they have paid for parts, labor, materials and shop costs that they won't see cash for until months after the car came in. The shop manager likely isn't happy.

Obviously there are issues. The insurance company is probably breathing down their neck for the cost of the rental.

What have their reasons been?

Comment

YEa. its just frustrating...and to be honest with you. I was never giving a reason. Just stuff like "were wainting on a floor pan" "now were just waiting on a exhaust tip from suzuki".....thats whats happening. Stuff like that...I was never given a REAL reason and they def didnt stay on schedule...im sure they are sick of my lil car being there for 55 days!?! idk anymore....

Comment

Is this still from the accident where you got rear-ended right before heading off to school? If so, why are you (your parents) paying for the rental? That should be on the insurance company or individual that hit you - especially if you're working with their suggested/preferred body shop.

There can be any kind of delay when it comes to body work. Maybe problems dealing with the insurance company(ies), Maybe a backlog of work, maybe parts are on the slow boat from China, Maybe they aren't getting results that they expect and don't want you to have an inferior product. I'd show up at the shop and ask to talk to the manager and to see my car while I'm there. I'm with you though that 55 days is way too long to be without a car and not get solid answers when you question the schedule.

Comment

Yea. My parents arnt paying for the rental. i was just saying that 2 grand for a rental car is A LOT for the ins to pay! and to be honest with you, almost all of the parts are from another car (used parts). and yea, the new date is Friday. and if i dont get it on friday im seriously gonna have to go talk to the shop. The only problem about stopping by the shop is that its about 300 miles away. haha. I hope Friday is the day, if not, im gonna cry. lol

Comment

Well, I am sure there are reasons like Colin states. Just be sure when you get it back. To carefully inspect all the work done. 300 miles is a lot of territory to cover on going back for something that should of been done right the first time.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by SX4DUDE2013 View Post
              Yea. My parents arnt paying for the rental. i was just saying that 2 grand for a rental car is A LOT for the ins to pay! and to be honest with you, almost all of the parts are from another car (used parts). and yea, the new date is Friday. and if i dont get it on friday im seriously gonna have to go talk to the shop. The only problem about stopping by the shop is that its about 300 miles away. haha. I hope Friday is the day, if not, im gonna cry. lol
              hmm in canada rental is up $900 after that you must return the car. Also in canada we pay extra to have that option of the rental car

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');