• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GO or NO GO????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO or NO GO????

I need votes on this. I'm going by to see it again tomorrow. I want to paint it black, lower it and drop a fat big block Cadillac engine in it. It will be detailed FLAWLESS!

It will be used to promote my auto detailing business by entering it into car shows and similar events.... GO or NO GO???

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Re: GO or NO GO????

Absolutely a GO!
    Black on Black - 2007 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4x4
    Personalized Detailing

Comment

I say GO.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Where in the world does the engine go? Is it a mid-engine?

Just realize that whatever costs you are estimating will be likely anywhere from 30-200% lower than actual costs. Projects like that ALWAYS end up costing waaaay more than anticipated.

But, I think it is a cool idea if you have the funding and know-how to do it.

Comment

Without a doubt - - GO BABY GO
          Don
          "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Go for it. Just be careful when you hit the brakes - or you may end up doing a nose stand!!

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
              Where in the world does the engine go? Is it a mid-engine?

Just realize that whatever costs you are estimating will be likely anywhere from 30-200% lower than actual costs. Projects like that ALWAYS end up costing waaaay more than anticipated.

But, I think it is a cool idea if you have the funding and know-how to do it.
              With the stock engine installed there is only about 4 inches from the trans tail to the rearend. Soooooo....... my plan is to drop a 501 cu inch Cadillac engine and trans out of a front wheel drive Eldorado in it and make it a mid engine screamer.
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post

With the stock engine installed there is only about 4 inches from the trans tail to the rearend. Soooooo....... my plan is to drop a 501 cu inch Cadillac engine and trans out of a front wheel drive Eldorado in it and make it a mid engine screamer.

Basically, it will be just for show, as it will be impractical for transporting tools & equipment. Also, keep in mind, with a wheelbase that short, the thing will nothing short of squirrly. Even if the wheels are perfectly aligned, the wheelbase is soo short, it will be dangerous at freeway speeds. That thing could be easily flipped at just 45 mph.

I'm gonna have to say NO GO!!!

Comment

Go!!! It will be fun.

Comment

All systems GO!! I think it would look pretty sweet! Can't wait to see the end result.

Originally posted by Fly Bye View Post

Basically, it will be just for show, as it will be impractical for transporting tools & equipment. Also, keep in mind, with a wheelbase that short, the thing will nothing short of squirrly. Even if the wheels are perfectly aligned, the wheelbase is soo short, it will be dangerous at freeway speeds. That thing could be easily flipped at just 45 mph.

I'm gonna have to say NO GO!!!

Fly, he stated that he going to be using it for promotions and shows, not as a detailing rig. As with alot of show cars, I'm sure the van will be transported some other way rather then under it's own power.
                    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Go for it.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

It will be a MONEY PITTTTT but if you have the desire!!!! By all means Go For It!!!

Comment

GO ! ! ! Reminds me of the VW's that they did that to back in the 60's and 70's.
                          Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                          317-513-4678

Comment

haha that would be too cool to see around
                            - Markito -

Comment

Absolutely GO!

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                              I need votes on this. I'm going by to see it again tomorrow. I want to paint it black, lower it and drop a fat big block Cadillac engine in it. It will be detailed FLAWLESS!

It will be used to promote my auto detailing business by entering it into car shows and similar events.... GO or NO GO???

Andy W.
                              Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
                              Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');