• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car tweeters? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car tweeters? HELP!

So i have a great set-up in my car so far. I have Alpine Co-axial speakers and they sound good. My car has a cutout for tweeters and i would like to add them? My questions..............
    1) Do i need the ones that come with a crossover? (they are expensive )
    2) Can the tweeters most likley be hooked up to my amp?
    3) Would u add them to the rear doors or only the front?

Thanks...im stupid lol

Re: Car tweeters? HELP!

I couldn't tell ya since I'm probably the stupidest one out there for modding a car for whatever reason.

Heck half the time I don't even listen to the radio while driving. I like listening to the engine and the road....that's music to my ears!

Just be careful, didn't you just have a mess load of problems from adding stuff?
    I take it you got your ride back from the shop?
    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

yes. i did have a mess load of car issues. Basically it was me being stupid and putting a ballast on top of my ecu. Moved the ballast and no more issues..
      And no...its still in the shop. And to be honest with u. Me and modding my car comes in "waves"...i go 3 months without anything except gas, then i get into a "modding mood"...lol. i was just thinking of it so when i do get my car back. lol. SUPPOSEDLY, as of last week, the ESTIMATED DATE for my car to be done is Sept. 16.....my dads gonna call nxt week to make sure. And if so, Im off on a 7 hr ride to pick my car up in NC...i cant freaking wait!

Comment

Originally posted by SX4DUDE2013 View Post
        So i have a great set-up in my car so far. I have Alpine Co-axial speakers and they sound good. My car has a cutout for tweeters and i would like to add them? My questions..............
        1) Do i need the ones that come with a crossover? (they are expensive )
        2) Can the tweeters most likley be hooked up to my amp?
        3) Would u add them to the rear doors or only the front?

Thanks...im stupid lol
        I would tell you not to just put in tweeters, the highs would be over powering and there just is no reason to have two sets of tweeters without a huge sub stage....and different tweeters at that. If you really want them, yes you have to cross them over. An amp will prlly be too much power. You can add them to just the front or fronts and rear. I would say your best bet would be to just buy a nice set of component speakers for the front and amp them in place of those 2 ways you have now.
        00 GTP
        10 Z1000
        97 XJ (mobile rig)

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');