• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiment with Active Carbon for odor removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiment with Active Carbon for odor removal

This is in continuation with another post I made in the interior forum about a truck that I have in which I cannot seem to get rid of the odor no matter how much cleaning shampooing, deodorizing products (including odor eliminator) that I have tried, thought some of you might be curious or know something about this that I don't, and can chime in if you do, for all I know I might just be wasting my time, but I hope not.

Recently I have been reading alot of success stories about using "active carbon" (fancy charcoal) pellets that are supposed to work great at removing odor and moisture, after work today I purchased a carton (at the local pet supply shop, its used for keeping water clean and odorless in fishtanks I beleive)It is supposed to have great odor absorbing properties, so I spread it all over the carpet, under, behind and on seats filled socks with it and placed in various places, it looks messy as hell at the moment, like as if a squirrel $#!+ all over the inside of my truck, but I dont need it for a few days so I can play myth busters and experiment with the active carbon to see what happens with the mild odor problem. If it works, great, if not, or if it is only temporary (which I think might be the case) unfortunately it might come down to removing/replacing the carpet which is alot more work than I have time for right now, but I will keep you posted on its success, again feel free to chime in and tell me I am wasting my time if you have already attempted this.

Re: Experiment with Active Carbon for odor removal

I think the air would need forced through it to work.... And the odor isnt in the air, its in the seats, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

your probably correct, it was a complete waste of time and didnt do anything. oh well live and learn.

Comment

Have you tried steam? If that does not work, you may need to find somebody with an ozone machine.
        ChrisThompsonsCustom@gmail.com
        www.ChrisThompsonsCustom.webs.com
        (352) 897-0050

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');