• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window Tint on a Sunroof ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tint on a Sunroof ???

YES I searched to no avail for the answer
    I would like to tint my glass sunroof but have been advised not to by a local tinter, he said it would shatter the glass from too much heat retention between the shield and glass?
    ok I did it in my old RX7 and after 11years it never broke but the glass on that seemed a lot better and that was in Denver

Car in question is a 2000 R34 Nissan Skyline with a factory glass sunroof, and has a sliding liner to block out the sun when it's too bright, now living in OZ it gets over 120F outdoors in the summer and brutal sun light compared to USA
    the car can register 80C /176F inside on a hot day within a few hours. and that is in a white car with tint on it ??

does anyone know if it will blow or shatter the glass if tinted ? I'd like to use the light coming thru it instead of the shield all the time during the day. but the factory glass roof isn't tinted besides UV cut out glass. which is clear.

to me it would reduce the heat inside the car, UV etc but before I shatter a hard to acquire moon roof (parts from japan only) I thought I should ask here
    thanks in advance

Re: Window Tint on a Sunroof ???

I honestly cant see why it would shatter when none of your other windows will. Ive heard of quite a few people that have done it without any problems. Only thing i can think of is the actual life of the tint being shorter due to it being in full sunlight most of the day. I'm sure someone else will elaborate. Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');