• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable Cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable Cheap

Went into a Lowe's yesterday to kill some time before a friend's daughter's high school graduation party and found a Porter Cable.

It was a different model than the 7424XP. It was a 7346SP. Looked the same to me, except for the plate that was on it was for sanding.

It also had a the foam pad/plate similar to the one with the XP, but it actually seems softer and a slightly different color. I use the foam pad to hold a microfiber bonnet.

I couldn't find one in a box, so I went to the cashier and asked if someone could find it for me. A sales associate looked and couldn't find one either. I offered to buy the display, but commented it was missing the wrench could he sell it to me at a reduced price. He said 10% was the max he could discount the price.

So before tax, it was $116.00. I have an XP already so the missing wrench is no big deal. A fair price I thought and made my random shopping a success for me.

Got home and checked the specs on the Porter Cable web page and other than the attachments, the XP and SP seem to be a similar if not the same tool. It noted the weight was different, not sure why.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Re: Porter Cable Cheap

The 7346SP is essentially a clone of the PC 7424XP. The SP stands for Sander/Polisher. You got a good price. Detailing.com carries them.

Comment

Yeah, I saw this in my local Lowe's and it was for $129.99. It was a great price. It will probably come up the same, $116 + shipping.

Comment

Great deal. Enjoy it.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');