• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best overall paint quality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best overall paint quality.

I do like the new Sonata. In fact, most new cars look great. I don't like Lexus. I don't know why, but I've never seen a Lexus I like no matter how shiny they are.

Mercedes has some great paints, but I'd have to vote for Rolls Royce for the best paint, and colour variety has something to do with that.

So, Hyundai has best mass produced, and Rolls best exotic.

Now, someone mentioned a bad looking Jaguar so I've got to throw my two bits in. What you saw (who ever you are, I didn't look at the name) was a Jaguar Xk, and the difference you were noticing was the front bumper (plastic or some sort), and the steel/aluminum (depends on which Xk you saw). It only looks like that with some paint colours. I don't really know there process, but yes, it doesn't look too good. I can assure you that that problem isn't existent with the Xj.

Comment

Not sure what some of you guys are talking about.

Dodge trucks have some the best paint IMO.

The SRT10 and Power Wagons were of good quality IMO.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

My Mustang since its black and is so perfect i notice actually two spots that have debris in the paint and i know my car has never been repainted so Ford has ok paint, it scrathes easier than both my parents trucks which are both GM products, but i think all manfactures have great paint jobs just because everything is automated robots lol.
        Alex
        1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
        1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

My 2001 7 & 5 series BMW's get a lot cleaning and detailing, almost to the point of me having OCD. Both cars are dark colors and they look flawless. The quality of paint and application is amazing.

Comment

For those who commented on the Sonata, I noticed they redesigned the Elantra for 2012 and it looks really nice (video below, but may be a little different for the USA), kinda like the Sonata's little brother if you will. There are a few more video's to the right as well)

2011 Hyundai Elantra Lunching - Busan Motor Show 11.6 GDI + 6 spd Automatic (140ps, 17kgf.m) for Korean market.http://www.mcarfe.co.kr/news_m/news_view.asp?b...

Comment

Here'a another that's a little more in depth.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I am a Ford Guy and I do love how easy it is to work on Ford paint. I think it tends to be right down the middle, not too hard, but not too soft.

Now I can't stand Honda Paint and how soft it is.

I would say that Lexus paint does look very very nice, as it doesn't have much orange peel, if any at all, BUT it chips like you cannot believe. My dad had an IS 350 that was black and the front of the car was just thrashed. It could not stand up to rock chips for beans!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

German cars in general, and M Benz has the best quality paint .. you know that, of course.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');