• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of login name from Marcki to Mary S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of login name from Marcki to Mary S

When I first signed up for this forum, I used the alias Marcki, which I made up, kind of close to my real name, one of those names that could be a boy (or a girl since it ends in i) to hide behind since I was sure I was the only person in this whole forum who was female, and also was afraid people would somehow not take me seriously if they knew.

I ended up finding I couldn't just pretend to be a guy anyway.

Anyway, my complete name plus my city of residence would identify me uniquely and I am not quite ready for that, but thought it was time to at least change to my real first name and last initial.

I can see far enough into the future that I may really be doing this professionally in the next few months, so time to at least put my real first name out there, because I may be "official" one of these days.

-Mary

Re: Change of login name from Marcki to Mary S

Well Mary, I hope to get to meet you and your Hubby at some of the car shows in Blue Springs. Best of luck!
    Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
      Well Mary, I hope to get to meet you and your Hubby at some of the car shows in Blue Springs. Best of luck!
      Thanks, I've never been to a car show, but I will watch for them

Comment

Mary - The city of Blue Springs often has one on the first Saturday late afternoon/early evening of the warm weather months in the downtown area. First Baptist Church of Blue Springs has one that is usually in late August on a Saturday. Plaza Heights Baptist Church has had one in the past as well. What am I missing, Sleepy?

Comment

The little drive-in restaurant over in Lee's Summit by the Jumpin' Catfish restaurant has a cruise night as does the Winstead's in Blue Springs and the Big Boy over north of the Sports Complex.

Comment

Mary, it sounds like you should attend these shows. Get your name and face out there for your business. Just typing out loud.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks, agp, I will look for those. There was something going on with old restored cars parked in the parking lot of the bank next to the Red Robin in Independence off of hwy 40 near 470. This was before I knew anything about paint, but my husband and I had a good time walking over there and looking at the cars.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to go to them. There could be business opportunity there.

Comment

There are actually quite a few ladies on here, though quite a few only pop in on occasion as of late. If you "go pro," best of luck to you too!

Comment

Another resource of shows & cruise nights in the Kansas City area is in the Auto section of the Kansas City Star newspaper. It is in the Friday and Sunday editions I believe. There is a listing of upcoming Cruise Nights, Car Shows, and other events like Autocrosses, etc.... Maybe another set of possibilities as your schedule permits.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                    There are actually quite a few ladies on here, though quite a few only pop in on occasion as of late. If you "go pro," best of luck to you too!
                    Thanks roushstage! It won't be for a while I'm gradually working towards that.

Originally posted by agp56 View Post
                    Another resource of shows & cruise nights in the Kansas City area is in the Auto section of the Kansas City Star newspaper. It is in the Friday and Sunday editions I believe. There is a listing of upcoming Cruise Nights, Car Shows, and other events like Autocrosses, etc.... Maybe another set of possibilities as your schedule permits.
                    Thanks, APG, I will check it out. Actually I should start buying the Sunday paper anyway for the local ads.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');