• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25% off Optimum products via ADS.Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25% off Optimum products via ADS.Net

I've seen a few users use Optimum Opti-Seal. Since its on sale I was thinking of picking up a bottle, can anyone chime in on their thoughts of the Opti-Seal...Thanks
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Re: 25% off Optimum products via ADS.Net

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
    I've seen a few users use Optimum Opti-Seal. Since its on sale I was thinking of picking up a bottle, can anyone chime in on their thoughts of the Opti-Seal...Thanks
    I just used Opti Seal for the first time. One of the things that attracted me to it was it's reported ease of use. Not exaggerated in the least... it literally disappears when you wipe it on leaving a stunning shine. No buff-off required but I dare you to try and resist. As advertised a little goes an incredibly long way. There's no doubt in my mind that little 8 oz bottle will do 30 - 40 cars.

The other thing that I was looking for was that Zaino-like garish... some say artificial... shine. It's pretty tough to make white look exceptional but Opti Seal does the trick. It imparts that "pop" that's so elusive on white.

Reports on OS longevity aren't so good, some are saying 4 - 6 weeks tops. I've been an 845IW devotee for a lot of years and love it's insane beading and longevity as well as the incredible ease of use. After consulting with Dr. G at Optimum as well as the folks at Collinite I topped the OS with 845 after allowing 48 hrs for the polymers to crosslink. The result truly took my white finish to another level. I've got an insane shine as well as depth and longevity which was everything I was looking for that I was unable to find in a single product.

A few things I noticed... OS produces small, tight, symetrical beading after application. After driving home in the rain 24 hrs after OS application the finish was clearly in need of a wash with splatters and dirt spots everywhere. 845 doesn't do that... for the first few months after application a drive in the rain and 845 doesn't appear dirty. Another of the attributes I enjoy, it's almost like dirt doesn't want to stick to it.

I was always a wax man... didn't start exploring sealants until a year or so ago. Many look to sealants for longevity vs carnauba. With 845's longevity I never was interested in that aspect. But after trying numerous sealants OS is the one that gave me the look I wanted.

Now for the Meg's plug... I hadn't driven the vehicle for a few days after finishing the exterior detail and it had collected a light layer of dust in the garage, I pulled out a bottle of #40 Final Inspection I just picked up for a look-see. The wipe-off was so slick I almost slipped and broke my arm! Incredible stuff that'll be replacing all the other QDs.

TL

Comment

Thanks for the great response TL. Seems like a smart buy, or your just on heck of an Opti salesmen!
      "Every moment frontin and maxin
      Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
      "

Comment

Originally posted by TLMitchell View Post
        I just used Opti Seal for the first time. One of the things that attracted me to it was it's reported ease of use. Not exaggerated in the least... it literally disappears when you wipe it on leaving a stunning shine. No buff-off required but I dare you to try and resist. As advertised a little goes an incredibly long way. There's no doubt in my mind that little 8 oz bottle will do 30 - 40 cars.

The other thing that I was looking for was that Zaino-like garish... some say artificial... shine. It's pretty tough to make white look exceptional but Opti Seal does the trick. It imparts that "pop" that's so elusive on white.

Reports on OS longevity aren't so good, some are saying 4 - 6 weeks tops. I've been an 845IW devotee for a lot of years and love it's insane beading and longevity as well as the incredible ease of use. After consulting with Dr. G at Optimum as well as the folks at Collinite I topped the OS with 845 after allowing 48 hrs for the polymers to crosslink. The result truly took my white finish to another level. I've got an insane shine as well as depth and longevity which was everything I was looking for that I was unable to find in a single product.

A few things I noticed... OS produces small, tight, symetrical beading after application. After driving home in the rain 24 hrs after OS application the finish was clearly in need of a wash with splatters and dirt spots everywhere. 845 doesn't do that... for the first few months after application a drive in the rain and 845 doesn't appear dirty. Another of the attributes I enjoy, it's almost like dirt doesn't want to stick to it.

I was always a wax man... didn't start exploring sealants until a year or so ago. Many look to sealants for longevity vs carnauba. With 845's longevity I never was interested in that aspect. But after trying numerous sealants OS is the one that gave me the look I wanted.

Now for the Meg's plug... I hadn't driven the vehicle for a few days after finishing the exterior detail and it had collected a light layer of dust in the garage, I pulled out a bottle of #40 Final Inspection I just picked up for a look-see. The wipe-off was so slick I almost slipped and broke my arm! Incredible stuff that'll be replacing all the other QDs.

TL
        err...#34, right?
        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by TLMitchell View Post

TL
          you're the only person I have heard say that.
          Im gonna be stocking up! I have yet to find an Optimum product I wouldn't describe as fantastic.
          VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gofastman View Post
            you're the only person I have heard say that.
            Umm, say which? I kinda said a lot...

TL

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
              err...#34, right?
              Eggzactly. I have trouble with numbers if I don't take my shoes and mittens off.

TL

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
                Thanks for the great response TL. Seems like a smart buy, or your just on heck of an Opti salesmen!
                Not hardly, I just found the product I'd been looking for and call it like I see it. Most of my detailing cabinet is full of Meg's stuff, both Professional and Consumer grades. It's the most comprehensive line of products I'm aware of. Now if they'd just get get some smaller pads on the market...

TL

Comment

Opti Seal is really good. I've used it for a while now. Good on glass and trim.
                  www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');