• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying fluorescent lights..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying fluorescent lights..

I have been looking around online to get a few 4-8 foot fluorescent lights in my garage. My question is how do I know if these just plug in or have to wire in. I see a lot on craigslist but it looks like some came from an office and im assuming those are not plugged into an outlet? Can anyone shed some more light on this please. Thank you
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Re: Buying fluorescent lights..

Really just depends. As far as I could see, dropped lighting (hanging from chains) usually means its a plug. Flush mount usually means hard wired. With that said, the flush mount ones on my porch have a plug. In any case, it's easy to re-wire either of them for your needs.

If for detailing you want a high CRI rating, 85 or above if memory serves (the bulbs). I'd also recommend instant on ballasts. High output ballasts and bulbs are nice but they use more energy and cost more.

I will be installing 2 8 foot lights in my garage soon. They say the 2x 4 foot bulbs are easier to handle but I've found the 8 footers to be less expensive to install.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');