• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who fights wit a family memeber/bf/gf over there car???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who fights wit a family memeber/bf/gf over there car???

me i am car crazy as we here all are so other people not like us dont understand what it feels like to always make sure your car is clean or after you just detail your whip to have someone touch the paint, or to have someone put stuff on your car even if it is just a paper bag filled with whateva(which is what my mom did) and i kinda flipped a little and of course u i am wrong just cause she dont understand and cause i shouldnt have said what i said how i said it something along the lines of "you got to be kidding me right" and my mom is pretty pissed cause this isnt the first time she did something i didnt care for when it came to the car and i said soemthing to her about it. my girlfriend, theres another one who doesnt understand, she is always yellin stuff like your outside washing your car u washed it yesterday, to which i replay i am not washing it i am quik detailing and quik waxings it to which she replays ughhhh. i got many more stories, i would like it hear yours if you got em.

Re: who fights wit a family memeber/bf/gf over there car???

Ya, I have had friends put drinks on my car, first time I just tell them not to, if they did it again I would pick it up and chuck it lol. I have had family members use my spoiler for a table, that pisses me off. My sister put a box on there, I lifted it off and flung it, I think she got the point. People pretty much know how I am with my car now, so they generally don't do this unless they don't know, in which case I teach them.

Comment

thats great the look on there face when you did that...priceless! my mom knows how i am with my car too but in her head its different, to her its just a car to me its something more, its my baby its mine and i like to take care of it, i feel if i dont do it to my car there neither should you,you know

Comment

My girlfriend is actually not too bad she understands about keeping a car clean. But she doesn't uderstand about detailing produtcs and wanting to have more lol.

Comment

i try to tell my gf that for me going into a car store is like her going into a show store and she goes ughhh

Comment

I literally don't allow my brother in my car anymore because he doesn't respect it. He tramples me door sills when he gets in and out of the car, drops his backpack on the dashboard and picks at my interior.

Anyone who knows me, knows how I am about my car and acts accordingly. If someone does something wrong inside or outside the car, they will end up in the trunk.
            James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com
            www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I am very fortunate because my wife knows how completely ocd I am about aur vehicles and she is very good about not touching the paint and making sure other people don't touch it as well. One thing I can't stand is when people come up and put their hand on the paint or lean against it, I let them know in a not so polite way that it is not their vehicle and to please get off of it.
              Tracy
              765-413-7547
              Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
                i try to tell my gf that for me going into a car store is like her going into a show store and she goes ughhh
                so true !!!

Comment

Sometimes I feel bad but I have to admit I have had big fights about my truck with other people.

Parking is a good example, everybody in my family likes to park as close as they can to the entrance, no matter if it's wally world (too many retards on the parking lot) or home depot (full of careless commercial vehicles), every time I park far away from everybody I have to swallow the stupid comments . I am not married yet, still living the college life on my own so that kind of helps a bit.

My dad, for instance, curved 2 of the factory wheels just when the truck was 2 months old, I lost sleep over that . He likes to abuse his truck and wants to treat mine the same way. Nothing else to do but to take a deep breath.

My neighbor is a complete idiot, always laughing at how long it takes me to detail my cars, and all the stuff I have. He takes his Hummer to a $20 car wash and tries to impress me with smartass remarks, he is got one of those old classic Hummers but it's a swirl city. All he does is wax and wax, and he does it wrong too. I tried to tell him about the clay bar and I wasted 10 minutes of my life. I get along with him most of the time but sometimes

I feel the same exact way as some of you, I could probably keep talking about this for hours but I won't......
                  2008 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 4.7L V8

Comment

My mom gets on me about it, too. She just puts her hand on her head and sighs deeply! lol Luckily, all the products I've recently ordered have come in while she was still at work so she has no idea about my "secret" arsenal I'm currently developing! My girlfriend...I guess she understands. She doesn't say anything about it but definitely compliments me when my car is all cleaned up and is shiny!
                    2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
                    Black Obsidian

Comment

My g/f doesn't get mad about cars, her car is much nicer than mine. I enjoy cleaning it up to be honest.

But she would slap me if I had such poor spelling as exhibited by this thread title.

wit = WITH
                      memeber = MEMBER
                      there = THEIR

NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

^^ lol I was thinking the same thing! I guess some people are OCD about their cars only and not their spelling.

My detailing habit and my fussiness about my cars has always been a struggle between me and my family members. They have generally now accepted it but the topic still arises regularly, which inevitably leads to arguments.
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

My wife didn't get it at first until she saw what her truck looked like when I was done with it the first time after spending about 6 hours on it. She has always liked a clean, well kept vehicle and she admits that I have her expecting even more now. The good thing about that is I don't get too much static when I ask her to wash towels or come home with a new bottle of product.

The one that actually can;t understand it is my 11 year old son. I try to get him to help me and teach him how to do things the right way, but he thinks it's boring. He asked me the other day why I fuss over the cars so much, insisting that they usually look near perfect. I couldn't get him to understand that the constant fussing is what keeps them that way. He told me that washing the car 5 times a year was enough :O

Comment

I can't undertand why people don't want to take care of their cars (more often). I mean, you don't see people treat their clothes, shoes, and others things bad, and a car cost a zillion times more than those items. Plus, a car is kind of a reflection of yourself, so why not have it cleaned and well maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
                              I can't undertand why people don't want to take care of their cars (more often). I mean, you don't see people treat their clothes, shoes, and others things bad, and a car cost a zillion times more than those items. Plus, a car is kind of a reflection of yourself, so why not have it cleaned and well maintained.
                              Could not be more true!!! Average price of new car is $25K-$40K. You would think people would want to protect their investment. I'm a dealership mechanic, and even when it comes to maintenance, it's unbelievable how many people go 10-15 thousand miles on an oil change! So I guess they wouldn't care about washing either.
                              There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');