• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have The winter Blues hit you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have The winter Blues hit you?

It is now snowy up here in the north..well freezing rain melting those 8 inches of snow we got in a huge windstorm, but whatever. Business has died out for the next 6 or so months as it is now too cold and pointless to detail our cars here. I am now buying all of the detailing products I wanted to over the summer, but didn't get around to...but I don't have anything to do with them! How many of you are feeling a little depressed that you can 't go out willy-nilly to try some new product on your car like you could in the summer? Or do you think of this time off as a relaxing time to rest your backs for another amazing detailing season next year? Or are you even worrying yourself to death about thinking of what the road salt did to your cars underbody, or even the paint!!!! I know I am. Give your opinion..If you are in the warmer south.......I'm jealous!!
    A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Re: Have The winter Blues hit you?

Im also depressed, the days are shorter, and its to cold.

Comment

I'm with you guys. I get in a winter funk. I try and stay busy out in my garage , but there is something about grey overcast days that puts a damper on things. Paul S
      Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
      317-513-4678

Comment

Yes. For those of those of us without garages, no working in this kind of weather. Because I am a mobile detailer, very few people want there cars worked on in this kind of weather, thus not too much business for me. I don't really want to work outside in this kind of weather anyway, but I do want to work on cars.

To make matters worse, my own baby is away for the winter. I miss washing my old Cutlass, waxing it and, most of all, driving it. I need to have the brakes lines re-fabricated, undercarriage soda blasted, a new set of tires and the valve cover gasket done. At some point I have to get the paint done too. I'm waiting until spring to do it all, but I miss my car now!

Sidenote: anyone know where I can order insulation for the underside of my hood? That fiberglass stuff that protects the hood from the engine heat. I need it for a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass, if that has any importance.
        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
        Calais Auto Detailing
        CalaisDetails@aim.com
        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
          Sidenote: anyone know where I can order insulation for the underside of my hood? That fiberglass stuff that protects the hood from the engine heat. I need it for a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass, if that has any importance.
          I found this website, but I don't know anything about them.

Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

And yes, the winter blues have hit me. I haven't washed my car in about a month due to the nasty weather. However, it's supposed to be in the low 60's tomorrow, so I'll probably try to wash it then. Finally, a break! Though it will be brief. Back into the upper 40's after tomorrow. Ugh!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Time to reorganize, take stock of what needs to be ordered and time to advertise!

Other than that, its a good time for a break.

Comment

Gonna be pretty busy this winter. A landscaping company wants me to detail twelve company trucks since they are being put away for the winter and wont be used again until the spring. I have a few boats to do as well, plus some other cars from one of my clients.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Wow! You guys must be feeling pretty good. Upper 40's, car is safely stored for winter, advertising for the following year, and still getting in those last few vehicles before the weather gets any worse! all I am dong is sitting here doing projects for school and waiting for the weather to become warm and the days long so I can detail an entire car without trying to do any of it in the dark. (If only days were that long, haha)

Comment

I haven't touched my cars in over a month and it shows! I doubt I'll get to them until Spring nears but I am kept busy with my ambulances as they are "perma"dirty!

Luckily I don't live near the lake and warm weather on this side of the state is only 3 to 3 1/2 months away!
                    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

I live in the swamp. It's humid, rainy, muggy, nasty, cold, and foggy. During the summer, it is humid, rainy, muggy, nasty, Hot, fogggy, and mosquitoey....Lovely place.
                      My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Usually it´s kind of slow up here in the winter, but my customers have learned how easy it is to keep their cars clean if it has a sealant on.
                        So I get some orders, allthough it´s nowhere as busy as summer.

My garage is heated, but still it´s a bit cold for some waxes..
                        Have to use an extra fan
                        Starting on a 2004 Merc tomorrow in -12 degrees farenheit.
                        Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                        Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                        00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Nah. Winter blues don't hit me until a few weeks before spring. I don't mind the winter one bit.
                          -James
                          2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

After spending Basic Training at Fort Knox, Ky during the winter, plus being stationed at Ft Hood, Tx for 3 years and 3 deployments to the desert (1x Death Valley, 1x Kuwait, and 1x Iraq) I offically can not stand any cold weather unless....and that's a big unless.....it's snowing.
                            I use to love the snow and cold until I had to live out in it for 2 weeks. I'll take 130 degree heat over 30 degrees any day!!
                            ....But that's just me.

Now they're saying we might be getting a nasty Nor'Easter....great....and maybe another big storm on Christmas day!
                            For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

snow on Christmas day isn't bad, but I really want the snow to go away. Ive lived with it all my life, except for last April in Florida. I hate the snow! I hate the salt that eats the bottom of my van! I wan to move somewhere where it is always sunny and warm, but 130 degrees is a bit much for a Northerner to handle.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');