• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes you unique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you unique?

I thought this would be a fun thread to do. I know everybody has some characteristic that makes them unique - different from everybody else. For instance, with me, I am the only person in my family who can carry on my family's last name, that of Omelenik, which comes from my dad's side (obviously). My dad has two siblings, a brother and a sister. His brother's wife hates kids, so they will never have any children. Besides, she's like in her 50's. His sister took on her husband's last name, as did her kids. My only sibling is my younger sister, who, if she gets married, will most likely take on her husband's last name. The rest of the Omeleniks have died. Nobody else has the last name of Omelenik that can carry it on except me. That's a Polish name, in case you'd like to know. So, that is what makes me very unique, different from any other person in the world. Well, that and my genetic makeup, of course . So, what makes you special?
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: What makes you unique?

Do you still keep in touch with family in Poland? Which part?

I think 'Tak' means 'Yes'...?
    'MishMash' means muddled up...?
    'Mamushka' means mother in a loving sense...?
    Ask your Dad!

I'm quite lucky with practical things. I can usually pick up something for the first time and start using it,and adapt to it very quickly. On the other hand,I am not so good with theoretical studies. I can do them,but I have to put in a lot of effort and I find it extremely tedious. This is not unique in the sense that you mean though. I'll try and think of something!

Comment

Well,

I go to the same diner for lunch every single day around 11-12pm. Its hard to work on a car with an empty stomach.

Does that count?
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        Well,

I go to the same diner for lunch every single day around 11-12pm. Its hard to work on a car with an empty stomach.

Does that count?
        I think you're confusing unique with being stuck in a rut. Don't worry, I'm that way too! I have my own routine, my own way of doing things, and if I don't do it that way, my day just doesn't go right. I think I need to be more spontaneous sometimes.
        Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
          Do you still keep in touch with family in Poland? Which part?

I think 'Tak' means 'Yes'...?
          'MishMash' means muddled up...?
          'Mamushka' means mother in a loving sense...?
          Ask your Dad!
          I don't know any Polish. Neither does my dad. Actually, I'm not sure if we still even have family in Poland. We might, and I just don't know. I'm pretty sure we have family in the Netherlands though, but I don't know who they are or where they live. They're probably like extensions of extended family.
          Shane

Comment

I'm not much of a talker, and I prefer to work alone for the most part.

Not that I'm unsociable, but my words are far and few between.

Course now, I will talk more if it's about something I like a lot.

I hate schedules also. I love the spur of the moment type of action.
            r. b.

Comment

Well, I like you ciera, am the only one to carry on my family name as I have two sisters that would also take their husbands name and my father only has one sibling a sister who took her husbands. Another thing different with me than the rest of my family is my obsession with cars, planes, pratically anything and everything. Im not a booksmart kinda guy but I do have a facination for just about anything! Oh, almost forgot with my family I hate to say this cuz it makes me sound cocky but I am the only one to have shown any musical talent according to them no one else really played so we dont know where I got it. Well see if my youger sister takes up band here soon.

Thats all Ill say for now

Comment

Out of my half brother/half sister, Step Brother/Step Sister (I call them my brothers and sisters), I am the only one who was adopted.....And have a high school diploma.....

I'm the only one in Law Enforcement too. 15 years, line Staff Jailer! - Training Officer and acting Sergeant when my sarge is gone.

Pretty anti social, like RB....Don't talk much and prefer to work alone, I get somewhat hostile when others help me with a car, washing, working on or otherwise.

It was a challenge for me to help my stepson with his truck, working on and continuing to polish the dead SS paint but it's been fun and I've overcome the hostility.

He was a good sport and he put the starter, master cylinder, battery, changed oil and lubed and a bunch of other stuff under my watchful eye and the truck runs like a champ!
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I am unique, just like everybody else.
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I am a self learner at work. Taught myself Microsoft Exchange 2003, VMware ESX, Microsoft Active Directory, and digital phone system.

I trained myself to be a system engineer and had the nerves to convert the IT dept to be proactive as to reactive at risk of my job.

Comment

I forgot to mention, I'm also the first person in my immediate family to go to college. My dad went into the Air Force for a few years after he got out of high school, and my mom went to cosmetology school when she got out of high school. My sister just graduated high school this past May, and she will be starting school this fall.

Another thing about me that definitely comes in handy, if I'm driving somewhere and I get turned around or I don't know exactly where I'm at, I can still find my way back without any directions. I get that from my mom.
                      Shane

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                        I forgot to mention, I'm also the first person in my immediate family to go to college. My dad went into the Air Force for a few years after he got out of high school, and my mom went to cosmetology school when she got out of high school. My sister just graduated high school this past May, and she will be starting school this fall.

Another thing about me that definitely comes in handy, if I'm driving somewhere and I get turned around or I don't know exactly where I'm at, I can still find my way back without any directions. I get that from my mom.
                        I got some college credits from 15 years of training in the Sheriff's department if that counts, I almost went into the Air Force, but a broken femur and torn ACL's in high school ended that. My step mom is a hair dresser and I can also find my way back if lost without a map!

LOL

Good show!
                        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

The way I drive. At intersections, I stay behind the line when I'm going straight or turning left.
                          I don't like using wipers or rolling down my windows.
                          I get grossed out walking on tile floors bare foot.
                          I absolutely HATE aluminum diamond plate.
                          Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                          baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

"You are unique...just like everyone else..."

I am the only me I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                              Now that you mention it, I have that gift too.

Back in 6th grade, the teacher had a contest to see who was best at facing N,S,E, and W. If you were facing the wrong way then you had to sit down. I won the contest two different times.
                              r. b.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');