• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer

My old computer digested another hard drive (second in the past year) so I decided to get anew one. Here is what I ended up with:
    AMD Phenom Processor 9600 (2.3 GHz Quad Core)
    4GB Ram
    320 GB Hard drive
    GeForce 8400 Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate RC

After about a week and a half hopefully I finally have the bugs out of it. I had to have the processor replaced because I kept getting the dreaded "BLUE SCREEN" but now it seems to be working fine. And yes it is fast. I am no computer expert and had to go by what the guy that built it said about. Hopefully some of the computer experts on here will tell what I really got, good or bad.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: New computer

That is not a bad setup at all, though tweaking ability may be limited. The setup will last you a few years of light-duty gaming and even longer for web surfing and Office applications. Windows 7 may not be the best operating system for its incomplete hardware support. Seeing that you have a relatively small hard drive, I don't think you are an avid computer user.

How much did you pay for it?

Comment

You certainly know more than me!

The only thing I recognize there is the graphics card,mainly because my cousin is into computers and plays a lot of games(I actually enjoy watching them),and he replaced one recentley.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
        That is not a bad setup at all, though tweaking ability may be limited. The setup will last you a few years of light-duty gaming and even longer for web surfing and Office applications. Windows 7 may not be the best operating system for its incomplete hardware support. Seeing that you have a relatively small hard drive, I don't think you are an avid computer user.
        320GB is small ?

Try 80GB for me.
        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
          I don't think you are an avid computer user.

How much did you pay for it?
          You are correct in that I am not an avid computer user. Mostly web surfing, some picture correcting, and a few small games.

Cost was about $800 without monitor, mouse, or keyboard.

Dave
          You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Windows 7>Windows Vista, even if there is incomplete hardware support at the time. You will be happy with it (or happier than you would have been with Vista). Worth it at the time IMO.

Nice set-up. You should be able to do just about anything with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper View Post
              320GB is small ?

Try 80GB for me.
              Yeah, now that hard drives are being sold in the terabyte (TB) sizes. A terabyte is a 1000 gigabytes, and 1 TB drives are now selling under $100. 320GB is a good size to dedicate for the operating system, adding a second drive and using it for stored files and applications will keep the rig running at top efficiency.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');