• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Kevin Brown" Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Kevin Brown" Kits

Proper Auto Care has put together what they are calling "Kevin Brown" kits, consisting of M105, M205, M34, and Megs' pads. Of particular interest is the counsel offered on the use of the polishes. Click on the "General Instructions & Tips" tab.
    Last edited by akimel; May 14, 2009, 06:31 AM. Reason: typo correction
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: "Kevin Brown" Kits

Thanks For Sharing!!
    Kevin Brown is a good and Smart Guy!!!
    This Information and Kits should be helpful to everyone!!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

M34, not M35 you lose a green box for that one

Looks good though!!!!!!!!!
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

These kits are the only offical Kevin Brown kits, with the agreement to use his name. Likely there will be two additional kits added, featuring the G110, but there are some hurdles to jump first. My understanding that this is infact a picture of Kevin, complete with his famous sun hat. I have also been told it is Arnold Schwarenegger? Regardless the KB kits will pump you up

Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

This is just too cool!

Way to go Kevin.
          -Bob
          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post

M34, not M35 you lose a green box for that one
            Haha! I knew you'd try to steal one of my green boxes. Envy, envy, envy.

P.S. Thanks for catching the typo. Fortunately, I had enough time to edit my post.
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Where is this Kevin Brown paper at? I keep seeing people talk about it, but I've yet to see it anywhere. Does this kit come with a copy of his paper? Does Kevin get a cut of this?
              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                Where is this Kevin Brown paper at? I keep seeing people talk about it, but I've yet to see it anywhere. Does this kit come with a copy of his paper? Does Kevin get a cut of this?
                The "Kevin Brown paper" is a work in progress. It takes me a long time to put all these diagrams together. So far I think I have missed three self-imposed deadlines because as I tackle another diagram or graphic, it always seems to lead to two or three more!

I am no graphics expert, either, so what may take someone an hour to create takes me six or eight hours (guesstimate). Even then, someone very good at making graphics must know the best way to build the graphic in order to relay the information being described.

Here's an example of two diagrams I recently finished:

As for the kits... Todd Helme expressed interest in touting these kits using my name, and I was happy to allow it. My intent is to help in any way I can to further the Meguiar's brand. Since Todd named the process the "Kevin Brown Method", I thought it would be a good way to show my appreciation for him crediting me. These guys are really trying hard to advance the Meguiar's line, and this is the best thing I can do to help them advance their sales of the brand. I am receiving no compensation.

I hope they sell a bunch of M105, M205, and other Meguiar's related items.
                Kevin Brown
                NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

If those are two figures in your paper, then I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

If there is such a thing as a PhD in detailing, this "paper" will set the example for a dissertation.

Comment

As typical, Kevin's being a little modest. Here is how it really happened...

The birds where chirping if I remember correctly, the temperature was 78F, the humidity low. The sky was deep blue and clear, except for the one cloud that hung directly in front of the sun, mysteriously blocking all my sun shot photographs. I was at home and the day was perfect. The sweet taste of fresh, ice cold lemonade lingered on my lips as I typed away on the key board.

I had spent the day, in typical fashion, sitting in front of the computer, using my mastery of photoshop to trick the world into thinking I could detail. A sly smile creased my cheeks. After a quick check of mind control devices (implanted into my clients) I noticed an email.

“From: Kevin Browninni Subject: You don't know Jack!”

Fighting back a singular tear, I could no longer taste the lemonade on my quivering lip. I bravely read on...

“You don't know Jack about polishing.

Kevin Browninni”

I looked up to a deaf world. Shadows had melted over the once sunny landscape. With a violent burst of thunder, the skies opened up.

In a fit of rage I popped open a Diet Dr. Pepper. To hell with the lemonade, this is war!

My fingers punched the keys like Muhammad Ali, quick and strong. Bob, weave, duck, uppercut, the letters flowed out.

“Dear Mr. Browninni...

You are wrong punk! I am the best eva, well not really, but I am dang good at photoshop. Give me a call sometime.”

It was perfect. Taking a deep breath, I sent the message, like a high voltage shock, thru cyber space. I could only imagine the horror on this Kevin Browninni's face when he read the potetic sewage that I spewed forth in the pinnacle (blackfire?) moment of my creative career. He was toast. Satisfied I returned to photoshop. After not only making the swirls disappear, but rendering a 1989 Yugo into a 1962 Ferrari, I was having a good day. The Dr. Pepper (Diet) soared thru my veins; I was living dangerously.

My phone rang. I slid it to my lips.

“Todd Helme, world's greatest detailer, at your service,” I probed into the speaker, unsure of who or what was on the other line.

“Yo Toddie, this Kevin Browninni, ya putz,” replied a thick New York accent.

“Is this Tony Soprano?” I asked.

“No Kevin Browninni. Now listen here, I'm gonna give you a choice. Your gonna use M105 and M205 and your gonna call it the Kevin Brown Method, cap'iche?”

“I thought your name was Kevin Browninni?” I asked, “and why do you sound like you are trying act like Tony Soprano?”

“Uh it is Kevin Browninni, call it the Kevin Browninni method,” he retorted. I shall not write about the details further, then to only state that this person demanded that I push his so called process that didn't work. He wanted me to claim that I could remove defects with a dual-action polisher. I obeyed, I was scared for my life. In the end we did settle on the Kevin Brown Method, as it would cover up his true identity and Italian heritage.

The weeks lingered on as spoke about this method that didn't work. Two weeks blended into one dreary day. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't function. Finally, to break my from my showerless stupor another phone call from the same phone number! This person had a thick German accent and strained to speak certain words.

“Who is this?”

“Kevin Schwarzenegger?”

“Who?”

“Kevin Schwarzenegger!”

“Is this Kevin Browninni, and why the terrible fake accent?” I asked.

“I'll be back....”

Silence..... I waited patiently for all of 4 seconds before mustering the courage.

“Hello,” I asked.

“Just kidding, I never went away..haha. Listen Todd, come with me if you want to live. I want you to pump up with some pictures I am going to send you!”

“What?”

“I am going to send you some pictures of me flexing and you are going to make some kits with my pictures so that the world can get pumped up!” He responded.

Exhausted from battle, I gave in. The fight was gone, Kevin Brown methods would exist.

“Okay Kevin, sounds good buddy!”

The rain clouds rolled away and birds.... They began to chirp...

This is how it happened, I'm not sure this latest version of Kevin 'Humble' Brown can be trusted.
                    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

rofl awesome story

Comment

Todd, that is a classic, too funny post. Well played, well played.
                        --Al Kimel

Comment

Kevin, I see you have been working out since the last time I saw you.

Comment

I already have most of the stuff to try this out except M34.Can I substitute M34 with UQD or QD?

Comment

I knew Kevin back when he was a nobody!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');