• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your collection of detailing products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's your collection of detailing products?

After reading this thread, I feel that I really need to have my own garage. I'm currently living in an apartment. Hopefully, in a year or two, I will get my own house.

Here are my collections:

Megs:
    Ultimate Quik Wax
    Ultimate Wax Liquid
    Ultimate Compound
    Ultimate Polish
    Ultimate Protectant Spray
    Ultimate Protectant Liquid
    GC Wax Liquid
    GC Bug & Tar Remover
    NXT Car Wash
    SwirlX
    ScratchX
    PlastX
    All Wheels Cleaner
    Grit Guard

Turtle Wax:
    Bug & Tar Remover
    Upholstery Cleaner

ArmorAll:
    Car Wash

RainX:
    Interior Glass Cleaner
    Exterior Glass Cleaner

Nilfisk:
    Pressure Washer

+

Various MF applicator pads & towels.

Comment

Hey MOL ,

Here is my detailing collection as it sits today. Definitely will be using a lot more product now that i have a garage too detail in.

^ Gallons of product from the detailer line, and my wash soaps.

^ Detailer line products in spray bottles, and my paint cleaners and polishes.

^ Top Shelf - Window, plastic and interior products.
      ^ Bottom Shelf - Wheel cleaners, tire dressing and LSPs.

^ All of my microfiber towels, wash mitts, drying towels, clay bars , hand applicator pads , polishing pads and most of my brushes.

Things not in the pictures - Porter cable DA, foam gun, and metro vac and blow (well worth the money).

Comment

I have:

Megs:
        Ultimate Wax Liquid
        Ultimate Polish
        Ultimate Black
        NXT 2.0 Wax (liquid & paste)
        NXT Car Wash
        NXT Tech Protectant
        Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax
        Final Inspection (#34)
        Detailing Clay
        ScratchX
        PlastX
        Clear Plastic Kit (#17, #10, & #18)
        Hot Shine Wheel Cleaner
        Headlight Protectant
        Leather Wipes
        Water Magnet

Turtle Wax:
        Bug & Tar Remover

Mother's:
        Back to Black
        Carnauba wax

Comment

Mine again, I'm afraid this desire to try/reuse many products is not getting better. I already have plans to buy more

My current collection right now:

Collinite:

476s

Meguiar's:

NXT 2.0 liquid
          Ultimate Protectant
          PlastX
          SwirlX
          Ultimate Compound (about to run out, will get one soon)
          M07 Show Car Glaze
          D155 Last Touch Detailer

Mothers:

Pre-wax Cleaner
          Carnauba Cleaner Wax
          Calif. Gold Synthetic Wax
          Reflections Top Coat, Advanced Leather care, Tire Care, advanced spray wax
          FX Synwax Paste
          VLR
          Upholstery cleaner
          Clay bar kit
          Showtime instant detailer
          Back-to-black/naturally black

Carlack 68 Nano Systematic Care/long life sealant

3M

Imperial Hand Glaze
          Performance Finish
          Leather and Vinyl Restorer

Rain-X windshield wax (a big mistake for me)

Turtle wax

Scrach repair kit
          platinum ultra gloss detailer (works real well in my experince)
          Microtex microfiber drying towels, and buffing towels, microfiber chamois, and other miscellanious (meaning brand is not popular) microfibers for buffing off wax,etc., foam and MF applicators

Plus other chemicals/solvents for other for unusual paint problems

Comment

This is my collection from last year. It has gotten bigger but not too much. I now have a rotary and some more Meguiar's products. I will try to get pictures soon after I organize everything. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Well I have 28 different Meguiar's products. Also the DA Polisher, backing plates, grit guard, supreme shine towel, water magnet and all the soft 2.0 buff pads. I just got my stuff out and put it on my shelving yesterday. I built the shelves several years ago, just for my detailing prodoucts.

Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Add 2 more, now at 30!

Comment

Decided to add onto my current shelving. Not finished yet, still need to cut each shelf. I think I'm going to go with 1/4 subflooring I have laying around and use the shelves for the towels and maybe some of the clear containers holding the pads. We'll see. Or use each for more products. Each one should hold about 3-4 products wide. Hmmm lol

Comment

• Here's my collection. And it's still growing.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

When I took the Meguiars 101 class in July 2012 I had a few products in my garage. Gold Class Wax, AGHD, some off brand microfibers, and off brand wash mitts.

Thanks to the great education of the 101 class and Mr. Stoops. My pocket is now empty and my garage is now full.
                        As a general rule I use mainly Meguiars products. I own some of the other companies stuff because I wanted to buy as a comparison. Never know if you don't try, right? So although you may see a lot of the other brands in the pictures...know those bottles are mostly full because I am too busy using my Megs stuff.

Pressure washer, detailing product cabinet, towels, spray detailers/waxes, general car care products, tape and tools.
                        Bucket is for dirty towels and wash mitts. And sunscreen (very important)

Top shelves of cabinets
                        Upper- LSPs, DAs (2 G110v2s and 1 Rupes 21)
                        Lower- Compounds (go to M105, M101, UC and D300), Polishes (go to M205, M81 not pictured) , clay, headlight kit, maxfire, and opti.

Bottom shelves of cabinet
                        Upper- 3" pads, small soft buff, small mf pads, interior pads and hand pads in top container. Lower container is DAMF in 5" and 6" and 7" soft buffs. Then wheel cleaners and behind that the interior detailing products.
                        Lower- Bulk products...mostly sprays other than #7 glaze which I bought entirely too much of. If anyone is in the area and needs some I am more than glad to share. Soaps and empty bottle storage next to bulk products. Foam cannon also lives here but not pictured.

Little closer picture of LSPs
                        Many items not pictured that I received recently. Most importantly Megs Ultimate Wax.
                        I am a chronic over waxer on my personal vehicles. This section of the cabinet gets USED.

Comment

Very nice collection Chris! Thanks for sharing.
                          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                            Very nice collection Chris! Thanks for sharing.
                            Ironically you contributed quite a bit to my collection and knowledge. So...Thanks for sharing!

Comment

how do you all have so much stuff?
                              are you all professional detailers? It seems like it would take forever to use up all those products even if you wash and detail 2 cars every week.
                              I thought I had a big collection, but it is tiny compared to you all

Comment

Not a professional detailer, but detailing is my hobby. I have the Gold Class Car Wash, GC Quik Detailer, GC Quik Wax, GC Carn Plus Liquid Wax, GC Rich Leather Clean/Cond. (liquid version, not spray), Stoner's Invisible Glass, Mothers Chrome Polish, UWWA, Lexol (which I never use), Tarminator, AA Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner, Supreme Shine Protectant, UQW, Deep Crystal Rubbing Compound, Deep Crystal Cleaner Wax, Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax, PlastX and lots of Kirkland Microfiber towels, Mr. Clean gloves, sandpaper (I try to avoid using this as much as possible), a Zep Professional (lol) Spray bottle, a few Clay Magic claybars and a Carrand detailing vent brush.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');