• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear corner's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear corner's

Is there anyway to get moisture out of the clear corner's. And is there a way to keep it from doing it again?
    Last edited by JG_Detailing; Aug 27, 2004, 06:34 PM.

Some folks drill a tiny hole or two on the bottom of the housing behind the face of the lens. You can see it and water won't get in.

Comment

well i had that problem to.. i need to kit the whole cornerlight again to make sure it doesn't leak anymore. The first time i tried to clean in with a litlle absorber paper and a small stick. but if you arent causious like me.. you will probably damage the chrome. you wil see little swirlmarks on the chrome. so that isn`t an option anymore.. trying to dry it from the inside. Even though i tried to make it warm with an hairdryer.. but then you will see dried waterspots on the inside of the glass...

So I decided to buy new ones and kit them off with clear bizon kit.
      now everything seems to work and no water is coming anymore into the corner light.

Comment

very common problem...

i hear tis a lot,lately.
        overhere,people trash their cars with "lexus look" rear lights.
        some companies sell cheap taiwan stuff for a lot of money,but these crappy lights are not sealed very well.
        here's what to do:
        - the water will disappear when you blow hot air into the light opening,you can use a hair dryer for this.
        - after the water is gone,re seal the lights,with a silicone kit,the one used in bathrooms and kitchens.let it dry,and assemble to your car,
        - problem solved.

do not drill holes in it,because humidity gets in,through the holes,and only the heat of the bulbs is not enough to condense the water.

ciao

Rick

Comment

Comment

Thank you! But the only thing is the lense has a bulb cover on the inside of it. So I would'nt be able to use a hair dryer in it.

Comment

The clear corners on my Accord never leaked but when my car was wrecked, the body shop put in a new OEM corner and wouldn't you know it, the darn thing leaked!
              Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');