• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burger Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger Building

Since I am moving back to College Station friday, and school starts the 30th, my roommate and I were planning on having a bbq bash before school. I have to go buy a lil Weber grill first but that should only be like $80.

Anyways, how do you make your burgers? Any special ingredients?

-Ryan

Whatever you do--DO NOT marinade them. They come out tasting like meatloaf, which is not what you want when you cook burgers. Instead, try a dry rub/mixture of garlic powder, salt and pepper (or any other spice you like). Mix all three, sprinkle in the middle of some ground beef, then make your hamburgers. The flavor will be all over the burger without it being "saturated" with marinade.
    2003 White Diamond Cadillac Escalade with Weld Evo Forged 22's

Comment

I'd agree with the salt/pepper/garlic suggestion. One other thing we really like is to give them a shot of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce before shaking on the other seasonings. Adds a nice "zing" to the burgers. I'll usually put the sauce on 10-15 mins before cooking....

Comment

Go buy a box of Onion Soup mix and mix it right into the meat. Fantastic. I also used dried onions.
        Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Comment

I would like to second the thought on the Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, just mix it into the meat before you make the burger's.

Also, you might want to try topping them with Provolone cheese instead of regular slices.
          Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
          08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
          98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
          82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Remember to cook those burgers to an internal temperature of at least 160°F. Don't want anyone getting sick on the meat.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

eat at your own risk =P

160 ensures safety?

Comment

Originally posted by defectiveAggie
                eat at your own risk =P

160 ensures safety?
                Cooking ground beef to 160°F will kill any harmful bacteria present in the meat.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by 1BadMach1
                  Go buy a box of Onion Soup mix and mix it right into the meat. Fantastic. I also used dried onions.
                  Totally forgot about this...good stuff

Also remember low heat, you don't want your outsides burnt and insides barley done.
                  2003 White Diamond Cadillac Escalade with Weld Evo Forged 22's

Comment

I'll take two, medium rare please.

Comment

I usually just cook the meat. Little pepper and mayo and cheese on the bun.

If I'm in the mood, I'll try some different seasonings... Montreal Steak Seasoning from McCormick or a little Old Bay or some Dale's Steak Seasoning - http://www.dalesseasoning.com/ (probably my favorite).

Comment

No green peppers or onions in the burgers for me please. Go to a butcher shop or meat market and get fresh ground beef, that will make a big difference in the taste.

Comment

I agree with Estranged, no marinade. Take dry spices and a bit of Open Pit Mesquite BBQ sause and knead it into the meat as you're making the patties. If you're a cheese guy, drop a hunk of VELVEETA on the burger a minute or so before pulling it off the grill...and don't forget to toast the buns, it makes a difference.
                          Don
                          12/27/2015
                          "Darth Camaro"
                          2013 Camaro ... triple black
                          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Burgers are ok but bratwurst rock.
                            Jim
                            My Gallery

Comment

Man, only a guy from Wisconsin would say that !!

I actually am kinda "bratted" out, and have been downing Italian's the second half of the summer.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');