• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake dust cover's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake dust cover's

Is the brake dust cover's good to use to keep the brake dust off your rim's. I heard that some cover's are'nt good to use because it block's the air from cooling them. Is there any truth to this.

I heard the same about those Clean Wheels brake dust shields. I've seen them on some Mercedes and they really make the wheel look cheap. Better off dusting off the wheels after each drive ( like I do), changing to ceramic brakes, or simply washing the wheels with car wash once a week +
    my product collection-- New !
    My Detailing Credo
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Dusting off the wheels after each drive? What do you use, Bill? Are you going to go to the ceramic?

Comment

I use an older sheepskin mitt, fits very well all the way through my 17" 5 spoke wheels .I guess "each drive" is kinda exagerated but it seems that way
        my product collection-- New !
        My Detailing Credo
        Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

I asked my car mailing list about those a few years ago. General consensus was just what you've said -- they don't allow enough air flow over the brake components and coule lead to warping the rotors. Easier to wash my wheels than to replace rotors

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');