• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The good, the bad, the eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The good, the bad, the eBay

The reason I buy and sell watches is because there is profit and the customer benefits. For example, I sold a stainless and unworn '02 model Submariner for $3400. That's $2100 less than a new model. Same goes for that Dynabrade. In the end, the customer saved $45 and recieved the same product.

I already contacted my bank and I am writing the dispute letter to get a chargeback.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Chris hope everything goes well brother.

One thing that I hate is someone stealing from me, I prefer giving away the money (it all really depends the amount, but you get the point) than someone taking it away from me.

In the long run, don't worry, something will happen to him in the future.

Good luck bro

Comment

I wasnt disagreeing with that he is doing or saying it was wrong.. Its just not something I would do. Maybe if the said merchandise was altered in some way to make it better, than I could understand it. I personally do alot of work for people just because I know they are to ignorant to research it. I dont like taking advantage of people.

Dont want to ruffle anyones feathers though.

Ohh, I bought a cabin air filter and put it in for $40.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Well, the plot thickens...

I got a message from a Timezone member who said he paid top dollar for THE SAME watch. It was supposedly last year's model (Z serial), but it didn't have the papers. He was storing it and hadn't even opened it.

Just means more evidence for the PD!!!
          Chris

Comment

Ya know, I am SO done with the flipping business...

The deal with the scammer (gold and blue Submariner) is over - finally got the chargeback.

Now, I'm back to square one with the first submariner I bought - previous avatar pic.

I found out today that the case, caseback, dial, crown, bezel, and bracelect. BUT, the movement is fake. Fake movement = no value

Fortunately, the seller is cooperating. If not, I can always do a PayPal fraud claim OR a USPS fraud report.

From now on, I will not buy ANYTHING over $200 off eBay. Everyone I trusted when I bought these expensive items has frauded me in some way. Perfect feedback or no feedback, it doesn't matter.
            Chris

Comment

What an eye opener!

Thanks for sharing this experience with our forum, hopefully it will help others to make careful choices when buying sight-unseen objects of eBay.

Just for balance, we have now purchased to vehicles, off eBay, sight-unseen and been very happy with the purchases.

Always do everything you can to investigate and check out the items before clicking on the "Bid Now" button.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Bummer on the other watch. But look at all the sweet deals you got before on eBay.

Hey, I have a bridge I can give you a good deal on if your interested.

Sorry that wasn't uncalled for. But funny!
                Scott

Comment

I feel so stupid about these watches...sound of head slamming desk...

This one even fooled my ROLEX DEALER!!!!!!!!! They said it had to be real!!!!
                  Chris

Comment

Glad to hear your recovering some of your loss, some people aren't so lucky. There's always risks involved (some huge) when flipping things for a profit, regardless of what it is being flipped.

With all the knockoffs/fakes/scams out there these days there are somethings you should just stay away from on Ebay as well as other on-line places.

It's hard to fake a 75 Chevy blazer though.....

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');