• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take the Car Crazy Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Take the Car Crazy Test

28 for me and proud of it. I'm just a typical OCD without PC yet
    "If a sealant give you HD effect, a carnauba will give you the 3D effect"

Comment

Let's just say I'm automatically a 30. To answer the questions more specifically/realistically:
      1) C
      2) B and C (though they aren't lowlifes and nor do I feel insulted by it, some people simply never wash their cars, and it's just plain scary!)
      3) C (Kirkland Microfibers)
      4) C (usually the Gold Class soap, but due to water restrictions in my area, I either use UWWA or just a spray bottle with warm water and few wet rags and go section by section)
      5) C (but I use Mothers California Gold Clay Bar kit or a Simoniz clay bar)
      6) C (I mostly use spray waxes weekly nowadays, so either the Gold Class or Ultimate Quik Wax, but I'm thinking of just sticking to the Ultimate as it seems to be more universal. Liquid waxes: either Deep Crystal Carnauba wax or the Gold Class Carnauba Plus wax, and from time to time, the Deep Crystal Cleaner wax. Polishes: I have never used a paint polish, but will use Plast-X on my headlight lenses and sometimes use Mothers Chrome Polish on my exterior glass and side mirrors to keep them looking sharp.)
      7) C
      8) C (darn spiders! But if you mean spiderwebbing, as in faint scratches, then yes, it absolutely does have them.)
      9) A (I've honestly never used one, even though I'm always keeping her clean.)
      10) B and C (but I will use a quik detailer spray and a microfiber, NEVER one of those Scott Shop Towels, and I don't carry car detail supplies in my car with me, so in the event that a bird has a little accident, I go home ASAP to get it off.)

Comment

30, I knew I was pretty car crazy, I saw a guy washing his car with a shop rag and soap and had to tell him about microfiber cloths. he must have thought I was pretty crazy but at least I saw Meguires cleaner wax in his inventory. 7A made me burst out laughing because I know what low quality jobs and archaic gear they use!

Comment

same here. not everything has to be a meguiars product, I also use Costco microfibers for most of the work. no need to waste good quality Meguiars microfiber for dirty interior.

Comment

29--have to keep it perfect for clients.
            2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');