• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your profession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's your profession?

It's great to read all the posts about work. Interesting cross section. I'm semi-retired. I spent most of my career as an editor/writer of a major magazine. Got to travel the world doing it. Now I write what I want, when I want and it's mostly about cars (you can google me "Ralph Kinney Bennett") I could not afford a car until I graduated from college, so I was always determined to keep it looking great. Some might call me fanatical, but like most of you, I discovered that there is something relaxing and therapeutic about keeping a vehicle gleaming. I live in Florida in the winter and in a very small town (my home town) in Pennsylvania the rest of the year. I'm with the volunteer fire department there. You should try detailing a firetruck some time. Now there's a job! I enjoy detailing, whether working on one of my antiques, or one of our newer cars. Nobody touches my cars but me. Let's face it, we are a cult. VERY BEST TO EVERYONE, RKB

Comment

I AM A SUPERVISOR FOR A EXCAVATING COMPANY . I ALSO GET TO DO ALL THE PAINT AND BODY WORK OF ALL EQUIPMENT AND TRUCKS . I ALSO WORK ON THE SIDE FIXING UP OLDER CARS AND TRUCKS .

Comment

I am in high school, I am going to go to college and then maybe go to UTI or go to the California Highway Patrol Academy. I know I said I am maybe going to be a cop but they make good starting pay (65,000 to 70,000 a year) that's what I heard. I have my passion for cars that I will always have.
        Alex
        1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
        1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Currently unemployed ( recovering from auto accid in Dec 07, brok ribs )

Many years ago was fast food Manager at several companies, worked for Disney for quite a bit until 9-11 happened , then was Office Manager for
          family business till my Dad passed ( rip )

So now putting plans together for mobile detailing, hence the new ride 08 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab with trailering pkg.
          WrightDetail
          The Wright Way
          2007 Chevy HHR
          2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Very interesting reading all the responses to this thread. It seems as Detailing has a broad appeal to many different folks.

I am in sales; industrial supplies such as electric motors, material handling equipment, power, and hand tools, etc... Like meny of you I am into detailing mostly out of enjoyment and stress relief.

Spring will be here soon and I can get back at it!

Comment

I am a layout tech for a cabinet company. I have always had a passion for keeping my rides looking good, but my passion is nothing compared to what I see on this forum.
              You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

I recently retired from the U.S. Army (20 years of service) in 2003. I currently work as an operations research analyst for a privately owned high technology company.
                2006 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
                2007 Dark Blue Mini Cooper S

Comment

Figured we had a lot of new people. This seemed like a popular thread and it's interesting to see what everyone does.

Scott

Comment

I work as a tech. for a autobody supply company. I enjoy detailing cars and hope to make a great pt job for extra cash.

Comment

I am a senior in college working on my Computer and Information Systems degree. I'll graduate in May, and i'll be going for my Master's in Safety Management

Comment

I am a Boatswain in the Canadian Navy, been in for 17 years.
                        If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

Body Shop Mgr. Independent Shop. I Have Been There For 2 Years. Prior To That ManĂˆged 3 Different Flat Rate Dealership Shops Now I Have Found A Home Until Barry Meguiar Calls Lol ( Resume Should Be On File ) Detailer Part Time 28 Years

Comment

An Exam Manager (+ branch manager) for 6 years now. I run my own exam centre catering for foreign students in which they take their final exams at my premise. Something like an 'agent' for so and so Universities.
                            Been serious in detailing since 2 years ago. Still learning.
                            Doing mild detailing - part time basis since early this year.

Tim
                            Learning new things everyday

Comment

I missed this somehow?

I am a full time college student and am working for an MBA with a concentration in Finance and Risk Management and a minor in Economics.

Job is serving at a 4 star restaurant, yay!

Comment

Telecom tech for 2 years, install and service commercial telephone systems. Certified on Toshiba and Panasonic tel & voicemail systems.
                                My Car!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');