• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

When you are found at 2am detailing your neighbors' cars.

When your favorite video to watch is the "How to use a PC for showcar results", and you would interrupt your children watching Dora the Explorer, or your wife watching the soap operas to watch it.

When you would rather stretch over the hood of your car and take the hit of a juicy bird bomb instead of letting it hit your car.

When you talk threateningly to birds as they pass by or over your car.

When strangers see you talking to your car as you detail it.

When you would rather sleep in your car than with your wife.

When you would rather buy Meguiar's products than buy food.

When friends call and ask what's up, and you answer that you are detailing your car again, because a leaf fell on it.

When you swear at trees in the autumn as they try and drop their leaves or acorns on your car.

When you use a water magnet towel as a bath towel.

When you would rather detour 5 miles than drive near a dumptruck or concrete truck.

When the wife is going into labor, and you would rather wait for a cab than let her in your car.

When you see a cat near your car, and you run out with your gun.

When you read 8 pages on an internet forum of other car nuts' obsessive tendencies...

Comment

Here is mine:

when you shout at your mother because she cant drive slow over roads that are not clean.

when you also shout at your mother because she drives over potholes full of water

Of course all that gives me reason to detail again
      Cars:
      BMW e60 530
      Toyota Yaris

Comment

Originally posted by DJStillman View Post
        When you see a cat near your car, and you run out with your gun.

When you read 8 pages on an internet forum of other car nuts' obsessive tendencies...
        Ha! I'm pretty guilty of these two! I haven't pulled a gun on them yet, but the racoons keep leaving paw prints all over the car. I think I'll let my dogs sleep out there tonight.
        Happy Corvetting

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye project car in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by CivicEM205 View Post
          ....I make everyone getting in my car do the "Dorothy" shoe clap before they get in if we're parked in any type of dirty area...
          LOL! I thought I was the only one who did that!!
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

...when you put the air purifier in the garage to cut down the dust in the garage so it doesn't settle on the car.

Oh wait, I did that.
            /Keith
            2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

When you pass up an oppurtunity to go play football with your best friends so you can wash your mom's car...

When fellow students ask you why you are examining your cars finish before you get in the car...

When you wash the car in the gargage with the door closed because its too hot/cold/raining outside...
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

When you secretly detail other cars while their owners aren't looking.

When you wash your car in the rain.

hehehe ive never done these
                Das Auto

2007 Jetta 2.5 Wolfsburg Edition

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
                  When you wash the car in the gargage with the door closed because its too hot/cold/raining outside...
                  Haha, me too!!
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

....When you keep a microfiber in each door and have a passenger wind the window down so they can catch the water coming out of the mirror after your wash so it doesnt end up on the paint.
                    ....Or have one ineach door so you can have them get that small spot in the corner of the window you missed while your driving

Do both on a regular basis lol....Greg

Comment

When you get bored and clean and wax your rims just for the hell of it even though the car hasn't been moved or uncovered in the garage in the past 4 weeks.

Happened to me tonight. haha.
                      /Keith
                      2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

i remeber at ICC (int camaro club)member 611 i was
                        when some one who restore a 69 or 68 camaro.he put it on a trailer
                        only drive was take off the trailer in the show

i use other soap than meqaires for under the shower.
                        but i go to dealer buy soap for the car and under the shower

in responds to wash the car.i wash or try wash car evry week
                        mom and i where cut this plant naighbor walked down on me wander wy am i wash the car he never washed his new toyota corolla.
                        start to agreu etc some do not understand.
                        alberto gorin
                        known as gorin002

Comment

Originally posted by Kman View Post
                          When you get bored and clean and wax your rims just for the hell of it even though the car hasn't been moved or uncovered in the garage in the past 4 weeks.
                          Tee hee! I like your style Kman!

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
                            Wow. We have some car CRAAAZY people here.

What about when you wash your truck when it's not really even dirty, just because you are feeling kind of down and want to wash it?

When you walk outside a few times just to look at how nice your truck is after you wash it?
                            So true, but sub Car for Truck. And people think I'm car crazy...

Comment

When the neighbor's kids walk by while you detail your car for the X time that week and call you crazy man....

When you have to wait till everyone is not home to detail your car because they think you have a problem.....

When you wash your car so much that even after you have washed it, the mitt and towels are still cleaner than your bath towel.....

When you park your car and as you walk away you are still looking back at it and if anyone parks near it you go back to your car to guard it....

When you do a walk around the car every time before you get in your car

Comment

So, I'm not the only one that details the bottles of detailing products, eh? A couple of days ago while shaking and smelling all of the various bottles of stuff I have, I noticed a scuff on a bottle of Show Car Glaze, so I uses PlastX to remove it. It really didn't strike me as being unusual until I read this thread.

Uh oh.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');