• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Know Your Obsessed With A Clean Car When . . .

You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

1. I carry in my truck more Meguiar's products than a auto parts store.

2. I find Speed Detailing and Waxing my truck more worthwhile than eating at lunch; fofilling my glossy appetite.

3. Whether at hotels, the work parking lot, or stores, I end up giving detail and product demonstrations.

4. During the rainy season I find myself washing my truck in the rain after driving in the rain.

5. When a hot chick in the car next me thinks I'm checking her out and then realizes I'm staring at my truck's reflection in her door panel.

6. When you reveal your Meguiar's Product Arsenal the Meguiar's California Distributor is given a run for his money over has more products.

7. If I only have time to Speed Detail one side of my truck I drive in the fast lane and expose my dust free side to the wana be reflectionists.

Gloss Seeker and Reflectionist
    Yoshi Grippin

yoshi@grippindesign.com
    yoshi grippin
    yoshi@grippindesign.com

Comment

Re: You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

Originally posted by xebola View Post
      ...I clean my stuff like I'm prepairing for surgery.
      Well, im sure according to some people it is surgery
      2001 Dodge Durango, 1991 CHEVY 2500 Truck, 1991 Mazda Miata, 32ft. Mallard Motorhome, Ski Centurion...well, my parents at least

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
        BlueTooth, you REALLY are obsessed!

I have to say though, I'm guilty of these too:

It's good to see there are some like-minded people out there...
        lol didnt know I was that obsessed...lol

Comment

Love #5, caliyoshi!!

Comment

Originally posted by F-150 View Post
            -wash your truck in the rain since it's raining everyday for the next 2 weeks,
            but then park your truck in the garage to dry off and do detail work.
            guilty here

- When you wash your car in below 0 degree weather while your neighbors come running outside thinking that you have officially gone insane.

- When you floor it when you see birds on the road.

- When your engine bay looks cleaner than other cars fresh out of a car wash.

- When you wash the car more than once per day.

- When you start to clean your car more than you clean yourself.
            2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
            2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
            1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

My neighbors would say
              -When you detail your minivan.

I got heckled a few times by my neighbors recently when I was detailing my wifes minivan. I just got a G100...what else was I supposed to do. They asked me if I was getting it ready for a car show.

Comment

Originally posted by page2171 View Post
                My neighbors would say
                -When you detail your minivan.

I got heckled a few times by my neighbors recently when I was detailing my wifes minivan. I just got a G100...what else was I supposed to do. They asked me if I was getting it ready for a car show.
                I bet you had/have the best looking minivan in the neighborhood!
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                  I bet you had/have the best looking minivan in the neighborhood!
                  yep...even with 90k miles on it.

Comment

When you say "what is this" and your wife looks like the dog after chewing up your favorite pair of shoes and throws the coffee cup away in the garbage.

and the thread about girls thinking your checking them out, when your looking at your car in the reflection.....Guilty and guilty of looking at store windows when driving by checking my ride out and saying "looking good".

LOL

Aaron
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

When you vacuum even the hard surfaces in your car every week (dashboard, leather seats etc) to make sure every spec of dust is gone, and then you keep the windows closed all week to ensure it stays that way.

...Whoa - I really AM a freak!
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Oh man I love it when I drive by this wall of (windows)mirrors when I go to my favorite restuarant. One bad thing is, the windows are to a women's only gym.....oops... so they prolly got me down as a stalker or something because of all the times i go by the windows.... maybe I should find a new window place..lol

Comment

When you use QD as an all purpose cleaner around the house.
                          -Brad
                          Shine Masters Pasadena, CA
                          shine-masters.com

Comment

you talk to thehead of maintenance were you live to adjust a couple of sprinkler heads. So the sulfer water hits the lawn. This way it doesnt leave
                            puddles that you have to sholem around in the morning.

When your looking at new places to live and on the top of your list is "garage availability" and does it have a car care center.

When you and your family are at a shopping center, you park way at the end, farthest away from the store. Then you and your family play the game "pick out the flaws on all the cars until you walk into the store".
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by GTBrad View Post
                              When you use QD as an all purpose cleaner around the house.
                              I haven't used QD around the house, but I have used NXT All Metal Polish on the chrome faucets in my house.

Comment

I've got a few that I'm guilty of...

I know I'm obsessed because:

- I make everyone getting in my car do the "Dorothy" shoe clap before they get in if we're parked in any type of dirty area.

- I walk 15 blocks to work when it rains and snows so that I don't have to uncover my car in my apartment's parking lot.

- If I can't go to sleep, I'll go outside and QD the car to relax me a bit (even if it's 4am)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');