• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
    Actually, technically you CAN'T (not trying to be rude here).

davey g-force: I'm not sure exactly what you meant but I took it like this: people don't seem to care about correct grammar much any more. If that's what you meant, I agree with you. It seems to me that the English language is not spoken correctly much at all anymore. If that's not what you meant, sorry, lol.
    Exactly. It's a shame though.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by lilblkblt04 View Post
      And, you can use a comma after the word (and), you don't violate any grammer rules on either.
      That sentence is horrid!!!

Comment

When you talk about a detailing obsession over a year ago... And... the obsession has only gotten worse...

Comment

When you polish your Palm Pilot with NXT Metal Polysh

(amazingly,ive done this)
          2001 Dodge Durango, 1991 CHEVY 2500 Truck, 1991 Mazda Miata, 32ft. Mallard Motorhome, Ski Centurion...well, my parents at least

Comment

You detail your lawnmower and snowthrower each spring and fall.
            You detail your polishers and wet/dry vacuum after use.

You do a 360 degree walk around the car looking for fingerprints, smudges, bird and insect droppings and immediatley upon finding them pull out the QD and a coupel of microfiber towels to clean up!
            Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
            Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

All above and also, keeping a full detailing kit (QD Spray, MF towel(s), spray wax, 1 claybar and polish)... I do that always.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo0903 View Post
                You detail your polishers and wet/dry vacuum after use.
                I thought that was just taking care of your tools!
                Anyway, I'm guilty!
                I've always been crazy...
                It keeps me from going insane!

Comment

When you pick all of the little specs of lint and junk from you MF towels with tweezers for two hours after washing them
                  2001 Dodge Durango, 1991 CHEVY 2500 Truck, 1991 Mazda Miata, 32ft. Mallard Motorhome, Ski Centurion...well, my parents at least

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwantsalicense View Post
                    When you pick all of the little specs of lint and junk from you MF towels with tweezers for two hours after washing them

I do that everytime I wash my MF towels.
                    2016 Focus ST

Comment

Even tho you own a truck, you detail it like its a ferrari
                      your Ford Ranger never sees rain, but your dads Chevy does (FORD ALL THE WAY!!!)

You do a full walk around of your vehicle with QD in one hand and a MF in the other at 12:30 at night under the only light in the parking lot at college with people looking at you.

you polish a 1950 stainless steel wet/dry vac that used at a school for sucking up floor wax and vomit. (No, lie Im only 18, it was a summer job and I saw this thing I was like OMG what is this, i doubt the thing ever worked but it did)

You detail your friends 97 F-150 but leave his a little dirty so that yours still looks better

When you used up all your mf towels for drying you take the shirt off your back (white T-shirt) and dry the truck down shirtless (what an attention getter that was especially with the ladies...lol )

You cry everytime you hear the words rain is coimg.

You park your truck under a carwash and wait out the rain

you go to a drive in theatre with a car cover on with holes cut out becuase its raining

You refuse to let anyone to touch your truck, so you always open and close the doors

you refuse to put anything in the bed of your truck becuasse you just waxed it and you dont have a bed liner

you post crazy obsessions on the internet with other car crazy ethusiasts (spelling)

Comment

It's even worse when you have long hair because somehow some of my hair ALWAYS ends up getting stuck in my MFs and it's hard to get out.

Originally posted by BlueTooth View Post
                        Even tho you own a truck, you detail it like its a ferrari

your Ford Ranger never sees rain, but your dads Chevy does (FORD ALL THE WAY!!!)

you post crazy obsessions on the internet with other car crazy ethusiasts (spelling)
                        Lol I'm guilty of the first and last ones. About the second one, I'm sure you must have meant to say CHEVY all the way instead or Found Off Road Dead. Surely you wouldn't want to appear insane. LOL jk
                        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

hhmmmm I think i spelled it right FORD lol

Comment

I find it's good to chuck my MF towels in the dryer after I've washed them to minimise this problem...
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

BlueTooth, you REALLY are obsessed!

I have to say though, I'm guilty of these too:

Originally posted by BlueTooth View Post
                              Even tho you own a truck, you detail it like its a ferrari...

You do a full walk around of your vehicle with QD in one hand and a MF in the other at 12:30 at night...

You cry everytime you hear the words rain is coimg....

You refuse to let anyone to touch your truck, so you always open and close the doors...
                              It's good to see there are some like-minded people out there...

Comment

LOL I do that too. I clean my stuff like I'm prepairing for surgery.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');