• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh god I think I'm all the above post

How sad is that!
    The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

You know your obsessed...

When you detailed something other than your car....

I.E.
      Toolbox
      Freezer
      fridge
      little toy wagon
      lawnmower

etc...
      Glen

Comment

When you find yourself cleaning your car in the company parking lot during your lunch break.

When you use Quick Wax or QD...on a co-workers car car because you still have 20 minutes of lunch break left.

When you take your wheels off so you can clean the back side of your tires.

when you clean the carbon from the inside of your exhaust outlet.
        I've always been crazy...
        It keeps me from going insane!

Comment

When you detail your clock radio (among many other things) with PlastX. (just for practice)

Comment

Ive done most of the above at one time or another.

Comment

Re: You know your OBSESSED with a clean car when...

..When you use NXT car wash and wash its very own bottle.

(yes, I have done it once since my bottle was VERY dirty, lol)
              2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

When you get mad at your passenger in your car even if its your girlfriend because you have to drive through a construction zone or dirty area.

When you ask people to wipe their shoes on the pavement before stepping into the car.

Don't you hate it when people close the door and the push the door not with say the handle but the handle, leaving fingerprints. WHY PEOPLE? WHY?

Comment

When you hang out with your friends in a parking lot, you park your car away from the main crowd to avoid "people" prints.

You tell friend and family members that you want MF towels and/or soft terry towels instead of clothes for B-Days or Christmas.

Your standing outside in your bathrobe in the middle of the night wiping off your car after a passing rain storm.

You tell your neighbors closest to your house that you will mow their yard just so you can keep the dust and flying grass down to a minimum.

You scold your parents for using dishwashing liquid on their cars.

2016 Focus ST

Comment

Yay i passed

1. When you wish your car would get dirter SOONER so you can wash and detail your car with Meguiar's.
                    Done!
                    2. When you go to auto part store and read all the detailing products labels/directions and compare them to Meguiar's.
                    Done!
                    3. When your at the auto parts store and see the guy next to you holding a bottle of brand "X" wax and start giving them a lesson on paint care, while advising them to use Meguiar's.
                    done! well, used to work there and thats all i would sell.
                    4. When your in the garage for no reason other than to sniff each of your Meguiar's products and RE-READ the directions and benifts of the product.
                    Done!
                    5. When your in the garage for no reason other than to shake all of your Meguiars products that advise you to shake well before using.
                    Done!! too many times, the bottles are begging to be shaken
                    6. When you spend 8hrs detailing your ride only to realize your done...and say "thats it!?"..and think of what else you can detail on your car.
                    happens all the time, then you call up your friends and offer to do their car for free if they get there car over to your house within the next 5 mins.
                    7. When you use Megiua'rs Gold Class soap to wash your dishes because you ran out of Dawn dish soap.
                    ...not done, sort of reluctant to try
                    8. When you use Megiuar's NXT glass cleaner and Microfiber towel to clean your Eye glasses.
                    done! you can use some natural shine on them too!
                    9. When you use Megiuar's Wax to detail your Die Cast collectable cars.
                    done! I have a thread about it
                    10. When you buy Meguiar's products for no reason other than to buy it and have more.
                    ...the back left corner of my garage is literally full of meguiar's
                    11. When you realize you're overstocked on Meguiar's detail supplies.
                    lol, never you can always have more!
                    12. When you realize you're overtocked on Meguiars and you get depressed at the Auto Parts store because you have no reason to buy MORE Meguiar's.
                    YES! Done!
                    13. When it's depressing for you to throw away the packaging that your Meguiars product came in.
                    Happens all the time!
                    14. When you call Meguiars tech support just to say "Hi"
                    mm I will do this tomorrow j/k!
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
                      You tell friend and family members that you want MF towels and/or soft terry towels instead of clothes for B-Days or Christmas.

Your standing outside in your bathrobe in the middle of the night wiping off your car after a passing rain storm.
                      Uh Oh...guilty on these two.
                      I've always been crazy...
                      It keeps me from going insane!

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post

- Your family is waiting in the car to leave and your cleaning your wheels of brake dust again because you just cleaned them a few miles ago at the last store.

You're NOT obsessed if you let your family in the car.

Comment

You know you're obsessed when you PRE-RUN your intended course in your F250 to check for road construction....

All this obsession is great, but what about payoffs?

When I moved to Cody, Wyoming I received several compliments on how clean my Mach1 was. Since then, my Mach1 has never left the garage without being 100% clean.

The other day, I drove across the Beartooth Highway in southern Montana. It's a great twisty road with narrow pavement, shear vertical drops and little in the way of guard rails. My GPS showed a maximim aLtitude of 10,990 ft.

After stopping for gas in Red Lodge, I cleaned the bugs and dust off the car with quick detailer and headed up Highway 212. Because of the altitude, I encountered no bugs after Red Lodge.

When I stopped at the summit, I encountered some 60 Harley Davidson riders, most of whom had ridden thousands of miles - they and their bikes looked it too!

I had about thirty riders surround my car asking why in the hell it was so clean. The looks on their gritty bug-splattered faces were priceless. Surrounded by filthy Harleys, my Mustang looked like it had been unloaded from a car transporter at a Barret-Jackson auction.

Comment

When you finish work (at midnight, after packing 200 boxes worth of dairy products) to find birds have crapped on your car. So you drive home like an absolute maniac, park the car, open the hood while you get your cleaning gear (to let the hot air out), close the hood, and wash the car. Then you clay the car and rewax it, finishing sometime around 2am, which gives you about four hours of sleep before class the next morning.

Phew. Good to get that off my chest.
                            Gil A. Castillo

Comment

Wow. We have some car CRAAAZY people here.

What about when you wash your truck when it's not really even dirty, just because you are feeling kind of down and want to wash it?

When you walk outside a few times just to look at how nice your truck is after you wash it?
                              Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                              Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                              2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

When after you just detailed or waxed the car in the garage and then open the garage door (especially with the morning sunrise) and the brighter light shows some missed spots or even worse (it seems) fresh dust!
                                Purdue Gear head

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');